December 1, 2010

Taylored Expressions Previews: Day One!


Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday!
Welcome to the first day of sneak peeks for the latest (and totally AMAZING) release from Taylored Expressions!!! I am SO excited about all the new stamps AND fabulous dies being released this month!!

Today, the Bakers Dozen have the pleasure of sharing previews with you of an absolutely gorgeous new set called Friendship Blooms! Let me tell you, this set is a must have in your stamping arsenal!

Something else thats a must have? Well, how about GORGEOUS new dies??? This month, Taylor is releasing three different sizes of Scallop Border Dies (I used the Medium Scallop Border on my card today), Friendship Blooms Die (that totally matches the flowers in Friendship Blooms), and my personal favorite, the Leafy Branch Die! Another new product being released on Thursday, (and this is FLIPPIN' FANTASTIC) is the Scallops and Circles Impression Plate! I LOOOOOOOVE this...so be prepared to see it ALOT! LOL!!

For my card, I started by stamping one of the beautiful sentiments from the set, "I'm lucky to have you as a friend" and then stamped the leaf stamp, after stamping off twice, behind it. I cut out and embossed this panel with Circle Nestabilities and layered it over Scallop Circle Nestabilities. I stamped the flowers and leafy branch using fall colors of cardstock to match the patterned paper, which is from Curio by Basic Grey, and then cut them out using the Leafy Branch Die and the Friendship Blooms Die. I arranged them all the way I wanted and popped up the flowers using Foam Tape.

The sunflower has some Coffee Bean Sparkly Fluff added to the center, and the other flowers are adorned with a rhinestone and some of Taylor's Tiny Twinkles. The background was embossed using the new Scallops and Circles Impression Plate (isn't it FABU?), and I sewed all of the layers on my sewing machine. A few brads in the corners and some lace trim finish this one off!

Here are the Taylored Dies and Taylored Impressions I've used on my card:







Want to see what the rest of the team has done with these amazing new stamps and dies? Check them out right here:
Thanks SO much for stopping by! I hope to see you back here tomorrow for more Taylored Expressions peeks!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Friendship Blooms by Taylored Expressions
Paper: Choice Buttercream (TE), Dark Chocolate (PTI), Terracotta Tile (PTI), Scarlet Jewel (PTI), Ripe Avocado (PTI), Summer Sunrise (PTI) and Curio (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Cantaloupe, Memento Tangelo, Memento Bamboo Leaves, Really Rust, Summer Sun and Bravo Burgundy
Accessories: Circle and Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Sewing Machine, Lace Trim, Brads, Friendship Blooms Die, Leafy Branch Die, Medium Scallop Border Die, Scallops and Circles Impression Plate and Foam Tape
Jodi

20 comments:

  1. Doing a happy dance here :) LOVE flowers and flower dies so I 'm in heaven with these! Fabulous card using them. Snuggles for baby too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm, me thinks I shouldn't have stopped my Key Ingredients subscription! These new goodies are awesome and wow, look at that gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! Love how you stamped the leaves in the background and used the flower dies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! SO beautiful! I am loving these flowers! I may have to reconsider and renew my subscription for the new year :)
    Thanks!
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jodi this is gorgeous!!! I absolutely love everything about your card, the colors, papers and all of the fun new TE products!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful and the faded leaves in the frame are lovely. I love your color combo, too and you are just so amazingly talented, girl! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card this is!! I love the warm colors and sentiment!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card and adore all of the new dies and such!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh! I can see where my extra money is going this month....hehe! Fantastic sample girl! Love the rich and warm colours you have used!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute, Jodi! I love the tone on tone flowers and that amazing color combo and layout! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is gorgeous, Jodi! fab design. love the flowers and leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh, Jodi! this is gorgeous. I think I need that impression plate-wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVING all the new dies, and that impression plate...YIKES!! LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HOly MOly.....This is pure gorgeousness, Jodi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE this!!! The cluster of flowers is so pretty and the sparkly fluff center on the one flower is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is GORGEOUS, Jodi! I LOVE the colors, the embossing. .the die cut flowers! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Double OHHHHH on this card Jodi! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!