February 16, 2011

Up, Up & Away!

Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday!

It's time for another MFT Wednesday Sketch!! I can't believe we are already up to Sketch #7! WOW!



It's no surprise that I LOVE this week's sketch...I love them all! I had alot of fun with this one, and with all the sentiment sets in my stamping arsenal, you can bet I'll be using this sketch again and again!


For my card today I used the GORGEOUS Great Outdoors Sentiments set from My Favorite Things. I LOVE how the sentiments in this set pair PERFECTLY with the Die-Namics Dies! I knew I wanted to use the new Die-Namics Fly A Kite Die, so the "Up Up & Away" sentiment from Great Outdoors Sentiments was perfect!

I cut the kite out of Choice Snow White Cardstock, and then ran it through my Cuttlebug a few more times with different papers from the Little Girl Collection from Echo Park Papers. I then simply assembled the panels on my kite.

I used a piece of Baker's Twine for the kite "tail" and attached it to the card in a loop with the bows cut from cardstock. I added a twinkle to the center of each bow, as well as to the center of the kite. I embossed the background with the Polka Dots Embossing Folder and sewed all the panels on my sewing machine.


I kept the inside quite simple, with just a piece of patterned paper from the same collection, more stitching, and this time, I used the "go fly a kite" sentiment, also from Great Outdoors Sentiments. LOVE that!

Here are the Die-Namics I've used on my card today:


Thanks SO much for stopping by! Head on over to Kim's Blog for a list of the designers and Challenge Team members that have created with this sketch today!

Recipe:
Stamps: Great Outdoors Setiments from My Favorite Things
Paper: Sweet Blush (PTI), Simply Chartreuse (PTI), Choice Snow White (TE) and Little Girl (Echo Park Papers)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Die-Namics Fly A Kite Die, Bakers Twine, Taylor's Tiny Twinkles, Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Sewing Machine and Foam Tape

Jodi

30 comments:

  1. DARLING, Jodi!! I just got this die and can't wait to crack it open!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty, see we were thinking the same way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely LOVE how you used the sketch, Jodi! the tail of the kite with the tiny bows on it is adorable as are the DPs you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute....I see this kite die was a popular choice today but the team....lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am pretty much slobbering all over my keyboard....I have to have that die!!! (TMI?) :)

    Perfect design in every way!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is darling Jodi. Looks like spring to me. I am sooo ready!! :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorably girlie Jodi!!! LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another kite! Dang, why didn't I think of that!! Gorgeous, Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! I love the lil kite and sentis! Sweet card :)

    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the papers you picked for this card. So soft and pretty. Then the darling kite and sentiment strip. AWESOME!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is ADORABLE!!! I just love the paper pieced kite and the twine tail! Love the sketch too, and just finished using it myself:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your pretty and happy kite card!! This is a fun die, I think I have to get that now!! LOL!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the sweet colors you used on this darling card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ack this is just TOOO cute Jodi! I love how you used the sketch. Is there anything you can't do? You are my rockstar!!
    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this! Great embossed background and cute kite!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card! Love the use of the sketch and the paper bits inside the kite!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute card Jodi. Love that kite! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just gorgeous, Jodi! Okay you're such an enabler with your gorgeous creations! Some how the kite die-namics die and the Great Outdoors sentiment set just jumped in my MFT cart today after seeing this beauty,smile!!! Love what you did with this week's sketch and I can't wait to give it a go!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  19. How DELIGHTFUL, Jodi! I LOVE these papers! I'm catching up on my commenting tonight! I've missed so much of your BEAUTIFUL work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Soooo cute Jodi! Love this!! :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. love those yummy colors! lovely card, Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fan-ta-bu-lous card! Love the soft colours and your use of the blue DP "sky" paper.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the color combo! I bought this die after seeing your card. Thanks for being a great enabler.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jodi - this card kicks butt! I love that kite - makes me want the die :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!! This is some hot card girl!! I love the tail of your kite, perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW! I love this Springy card! great pattern papers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!