May 8, 2011

The Best Day Ever!

Hi everyone!  Happy Sunday and Happy Mother's Day!

I don't have anything stampy to share today, but I do have some pictures!  On Thursday, Meredith, my oldest, turned five (I still cannot believe that).  My Mom and I took her into Manhattan to go to The American Girl Store so she can get her very own American Girl.  Santa brought her Bitty Baby last year, but this is her first "big girl" American Girl Doll.

Here is a picture of her on the train.  She thought she was SUPER cool.


We have been perusing the American Girl catalog, and of course, checking out their website, for months now, so she was pretty sure that the doll she wanted was this year's American Girl of the Year, Kanani.  We were SUPER excited when we saw the Kanani section of the store!


Spending the day (well, a few hours) at American Girl was an AWESOME experience.  We had a WONDERFUL "personal shopper", Missy, who took our selections as we made them up to a lounge and kept them in a pile for us to go over at the end of our trip.  I should have taken a picture of the final pile.  Whoa.

Here is my MJ with her Kanani doll.  She told my Mom and I that her favorite part of the day was when they took Kanani out of the box for her.  I don't think she's stopped smiling since!


After shopping for a while, we had lunch at the American Girl Cafe!  It was SO much fun.  Kanani even ate with us in her very own seat next to Meredith!


After lunch we met back up with Missy and made our final selections.  SO many of our family members gave Meredith money for her birthday this year so that she could buy what she wanted at American Girl.  Here is a picture of her on our way out.  Yes, all three of those shopping bags are hers, and my Mom and I had to lug them all the way to Penn Station and then get them, and her, on a train back home!!

Of course, my daughter would want all the HUGE items, like a Shave Ice Stand, bed, wheelchair, etc.  It was a loooooooooooooong walk back!!!  When we got home, we set up an American Girl corner of her bedroom.   I had SO much fun watching her face while we were there, and when we got home and she was playing with her new goodies.  She told me that it was the "best day ever".  Love that.


Thanks SO much for stopping by!  I wish you all a WONDERFUL Mother's Day!

Jodi

13 comments:

  1. What a DOLL (Meredith, not Kanani)!!! She's a mini me of you, Jodi!!! Got some cute girls there on Lownga Eyelind.....Happy Happy Birthday, Meredith!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such lovely dolls and it was great seeing pics of your daughter - what a cutie :) I'm sure she will have many hours of enjoyment with her new doll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a simply wonderful time!! Meredith is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG she is so adorable! And what a great time she is having.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how FUN!!! I would LOVE to do that with my daughter, but unfortunately she is not much of a doll person. It's all about the stuffed animals/Webkinz. Meredith really does look like she had the best day ever! Thank you so much for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's a cutie. What a great story for Mother's Day. (it made me teary..course I am a sap) :)Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet.. Awww I miss when my girls were little and had these dolls. We would go into Chicago and buy them. Great memories. Happy Birthday Meredith..

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like your little sweetie had a FABULOUS day! Happy Birthday Meredith!! Enjoy all of your AG goodies!! How fun! Hope that you had a Happy Mother's Day Jodi! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow...Great post. She is very beautiful and Adorable...This is great to seeing those dolls and your daughter..This is great enjoyment. Thanks for this nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! I would have loved to have shopped with her! Sounded like a lot of fun! Glad that you girls had so much fun together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belated Happy Mother's Day Jodi! I truly enjoyed seeing your daughter have her "best day ever." She's adorable! Happy belated birthday to Meredith!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! So cute!! Having only one boy child I'm not at all familiar with the whole American Girl thing and had never heard of Kanani, but think it's pretty cool that the Girl of the Year is Hawaiian! You can tell Meredith that in Hawaiian, "Nani" means Beautiful, so Kanani translates roughly as "beautiful one". Looks like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! That is a little girls DREAM!!! Looks like so much FUN! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!