May 5, 2011

Release Day @ Taylored Expressions!


Hi everyone!  Happy Thursday and Happy Release Day...and a BIG Happy Birthday to my sweet Meredith, who turns 5 today!  I love you pumpkin!!

Before you head on over to Taylored Expressions and indulge in all the goodness of this amazing release, I have one more project to share with you...and this one little project uses an awful lot of new goodies!!

I wanted to use the new Annoucement A la Carte and Heart Frame A la Carte sets being released today, so I headed on over to the Resources Section of SCS, and found this FABULOUS tutorial by Beate (love her) on how to make a Double Pocket Card!  It was SO easy and totally perfect for what I had in mind!

I created the card base and all the pockets following the instructions, and all of the patterned paper is UPcycle from Cosmo Cricket.  The two pockets hold two items created with some of the new goodies!!

This first picture shows the completed card with both pockets full.


This second picture shows the base card, as well as the sweet little panel that goes in the first pocket.  I began by stamping the Heart Frame A la Carte and then cutting it out with the Frame It Up 2 Die.  I then created a 2X3 layer, and then added some more patterned paper.  This 2X3 piece fits perfectly into the notches that the die cuts out in each corner.  On my project from Monday you can see that I used this to show off a picture of my sweet Avery.

I stamped the sentiment, "Our Family Has Grown" from Welcome Little One, the frame from It's In The Bag, and the "It's A Girl" from Bringing Home Baby.  I cut out the little frame with the Shopping Bag & Labels Die.  All of these AMAZING new products are being released today!!!


For the back pocket, I started by stamping the Annoucement A la Carte in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream Cardstock, cut it out and layered it and then sewed all of the edges.  I actually sewed all of the layers on the entire project using my sewing machine.

I used the new Bracket Frame Die as a pull for the annoucement portion of the card.  I LOVE how multi-functional these dies are!

I finished off the card with some seam binding and added a Little Whimsies flower to the center of the bow as well as on the pull tab for the annoucement panel!


Here are the Taylored Dies I've used on my project today!




I seriously had SO much fun making this!  Head on over and visit the rest of the Baker's Dozen and see what they have created today here:

Amber Hight - Our AMAZING Guest Designer
Charmaine Ikach
and, of course, TaylorVan Bruggen

Thanks SO much for stopping by!  You can get the ENTIRE new release right now!  Just click HERE to go the Fresh Out Of The Oven catagory @ Taylored Expressions!!
Recipe:
Stamps:  It's In The Bag, Welcome Little One, Bringing Home Baby, Annoucement A la Carte and Heart Frame A la Carte
Paper:  Smokey Shadow (PTI), Choice Buttercream (TE) and UPcycle (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Baja Breeze (SU!)
Accessories: Frame It Up 2 Die, Bracket Frame Die, Little Whimsies, Seam Binding, Sewing Machine and Sticky Tape

Jodi

13 comments:

  1. That is the most amazing bow ever!! Love the pocket card and your announcement - so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is off the charts great! What a fabulous idea and that bow is perfect. I like the colors you chose...all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! Love the pocket card style for an announcement! The colours and ribbon treatment are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so fabulous!Wow!! And so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh WOW this is SO SO gorgeous! Beautiful announcement- SO elegant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, how clever are you!! Love the pockets and tags!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my god this is so fantastic - such a great idea, looks like a lot of work though...will need to find some spare time (hahaha)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow..Adorable card!!! I love those layers made by hand work.. I like the color combination..Its really awesome design.. you've done great work here.
    Thanks for this great post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pockets and that cute bow! Gorgeous!

    San Diego Mobile Notary

    ReplyDelete
  11. OHHHHHH... You ROCKED the announcement with this double pocket card! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh WOW this is SO SO gorgeous! Beautiful announcement- SO elegant!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!