May 31, 2011

Taylored Expressions Previews: Day One!


Hi everyone!  Happy Monday!!  Welcome to the first day of previews for the FABULOUS new Taylored Expressions Release! 

We have sneak peeks to share Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. All of the new products will be available for purchase on Friday, June 3rd at 8 am PST. You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department in the Taylored Expressions Store.
** Join us as a fan on Facebook for an early peek at the stamp sets on Thursday night beginning at approximately 6 pm PST.

** Special Early Bird Offer on Release Day for the first 15 orders over $100. It's TOTALLY SWEET!

** Mystery Baker's Dozen Blog Giveaway: Each day one lucky blog commenter will be chosen by random draw to win a $10 TE Gift Certificate. Winners will be chosen from a different Baker's Dozen blog each day and all will be announced on Taylor's blog on Release Day! Be sure to hop around to see all the sneak peeks and leave comments on each and every blog for more chances to win. Limit one comment per blog per day, please. Comments close Thursday 6/2 PST at 7pm for the drawings.

I have two cards to share with you today!  My first card features a FABULOUS new addition to the Moka Colllection, designed and illustrated by Nancy McKinney, the sweetest little hula girl, Moka Lani!  This is a petite stamp set which includes 5 images/sentiments on a 3 X 5.5 full color sturdy storage panel.  When Meredith saw this stamp she was SO excited!  She is PERFECT for us to add to her American Girl Scrapbook, since she chose Kanani as her doll!

I just LOVE this sweet new addition to the Moka line!  I stamped her in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White Cardstock and colored her with Copic Markers.  I cut out and embossed her with Petitie Oval Nestabilities and then drew in a frame around the image with my Copic Multliner.  I did the same with the sentiment panel which features "Mahalo".  I added a few of Taylor's Tiny Twinkles underneath the sentiment as well with the help of Embellie Gellie.

The patterned paper is Splash from Echo Park Papers (LOVE) and used the AMAZING new Wave Border Taylored Die for the waves on the bottom!  I created two strips and added some Crystal Stickles to represent water.  A few more frames with my Copic Multliner and some White Brads finish this one off!


Here are the Taylored Dies I've used on this card:



My second card today features the GORGEOUS new set, A Day In Paradise!  This set was illustrated by Nancy McKinney for the Whimsical Wishes line and is a full sized set on a 5.75 X 8/5 full color sturdy storage panel.  It includes a combination of 21 solid and open line images and coordinating sentiments in a sophisticated Cape Code style!  Like all of the stamps offered from Taylored Expressions, these are made from top quality deeply etched rubber in a cute shade of pink and come on EZ Mount already trimmed and ready to be used with your acrylic blocks!

My parents often vacation in Ogunquit, Maine, so as soon as I saw this set, I knew I had to make my Mom a card with it!  I stamped this darling beach cottage in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream Cardstock and colored it with Copic Markers.   All of the patterned paper is Seaside from October Afternoon.

Using the Cloud Duo Taylored Dies, I cut out two clouds and stamped a sentiment from A Day In Paradise on each, "Relax" and "Enjoy".   It's a bit hard to see in the photo, but I used the AMAZING new Chicken Wire/Woodgrain Impression Plate on the Kraft panel.  LOVE!

I added a picket fence cut with the Picket Fence Taylored Die right near my beach cottage and adorned it with some Baker's Twine and Red Jenni Bowlin Vintage Button (LOVE these).  TONS of stitching finish this one off!

Here are the Taylored Dies I've used on this card:



Make sure to head on over and visit the rest of the Baker's Dozen and see what they have cooked up today!

and, of course, TaylorVan Bruggen

Thanks SO much for stopping by!  Hope to see you back tomorrow for more peeks!!

Mahalo Recipe:
Stamps:  Moka Lani from Taylored Expressions
Paper: Summer Sunrise (PTI), Blueberry Sky (PTI), Choice Snow White (TE) and Splash (Echo Park Papers)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Copic Markers, Petite Oval Nestabilities, Circle & Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Taylor's Tiny Twinkles, Embellie Gellie, Copic Multliner, Wave Border Die, Crystal Stickles, White Brads and Foam Tape

Relax & Enjoy Recipe:
Stamps:  A Day In Paradise from Taylored Expressions
Paper: Enchanted Evening (PTI), Fossill (MFT), Choice Buttercream (TE) and Seaside (October Afternoon)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Copic Markers, Cloud Duo Dies, Picket Fence Border Die, Baker's Twine, Red Jenni Bowlin Vintage Button, Sewing Machine and Foam Tape

Jodi

36 comments:

  1. whow totally love your cards...perfect paper...I am in love with these new dies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Hawaiian card (now I want to go there LOL!) and I'm loving the picket fence on the second card! Fabulous work as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hula girl is adorable!! Great cards as always!

    Julie L.
    jlearned at charter dot net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little hula beauty and the cottage is just so cozy! Love the outline on the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swoon!!!! Love these Jodi girl. I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS! The beach house with the red, white and blue is absolutely beautiful! Love what you did with Moka Lani!! Aloha! Have a great day Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so adorable, Jodi! I love love love the picket fence. So cute! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow love this little girl, great cards

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! Such brilliant cards! Just love how you've made the most Of those fantastic dies,so.... " dienamic"!Have a great week,Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE LOVE LOVE that beach house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow... love the Hula girl... the house card is just wonderful and a great idea for a New Home card. Tks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that picket fence die. Your cards are fabulous! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at you working that copic multiliner!!! The lines look fabulous and add a really nice contrast!!! And I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOVE the cottage. Oh My Word!!!!! This TOTALLY looks like the beach houses in Ogunquit!!!!!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so cute, Jodi! I love the addition of the picket fence on your beach house card and your sweet Lani is so beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The glitter on the crest of the waves is genius! Love the hula girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love these cards, and oh my that second card is stunning! I love the combination of picket fence and the new set, it's fabulous! Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards Jodi! Not sure which one I like best, altho they both have their own charm.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your cards! I had to laugh, my daughter said the same thing when she saw Moka Lani--Mommy, it looks like Kanani!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow...wonderful details on both of these....fab use of those dies too.....you are a rocking, gf

    ReplyDelete
  20. The house with the picket fence is lovely. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I saw your house card on SCS and had to check out this release.

    You've totally made me want to score some of the new release sets and dies.

    *sigh*

    The Hawaiian card is pretty sweet too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love visiting your blog!!
    Your cards are fabulous!! Love all the design elements and your coloring: fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Holy super cuteness! These are amazing, Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! I LOVE both of your cards! The hula girl card is incredible! I love her sun and waves background dp and the glittery waves at the bottom. You've also colored her beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your cards, just so vibrant! Can't wait to get my hands on some of the new dies.

    ReplyDelete
  26. GORGEOUS cards!Love them.
    So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely cards Jodi! Loving the new images, the colors... and the dies are AWESOME! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  28. What great cards so much depth and makes you feel like your right there. I love the dies and images the colors you used are awesome. very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  29. AHHHH.....LOVE Moka Lani!!! So fun!

    The cape cod card is beautiful! LOVE the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  30. These look terrific JOdi! I love the sparkle you added to the waves and hula Moka is colored beautifully. That fence die is too cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are just darling, Jodi! I simply love the card with the house! Looks like the perfect place to relax! Beautiful design! :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your Lani card is just GORGEOUS, Jodi and I want to vacation in your vacation home card. . . it is SO inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your card is precious! I love the little hawaiian girl stamp. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  34. These are both so CUTE and FUN!! Love that house, and the little Hawaiian girl is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!