Admin Control Panel

Posts Layout Stats Settings Sign Out

May 4, 2011

You Make Life Sweet!

Hi everyone!  Happy Wednesday!!

Are you LOVING the new release from My Favorite Things?  I know I TOTALLY am, and I'm excited that it's time for another MFT Sketch Challenge, MFTWSC18, so I can ink up another new set!

I hadn't had an opportunity to use this DARLING new Pure Innocence Pucker Up, and I thought she was just PERFECT with this week's sketch!

I stamped her onto X Press It Blending Card and colored her with Copic Markers.  I then cut out and embossed the panel with Circle Nestabilities and layered it onto cardstock cut with the Die-Namics Open Scallop Doily Die.  You can barely see it, but the vertical panel behind the focal panel has "Pucker Up" stamped repeatedly across the panel.  I added a border with my beloved Die-Namics Little Open Scallop Strip Die

I'm sure it won't come as a surprise that I've, once again, created a floral embellishment with the Die-Namics Pretty Posies Die.  I am seriously obsessed with this die!  I added a button cut with the Die-Namics Button Quartet Die and a bow of Baker's Twine completes it. 

All of the patterned paper is Lime Twist Life of The Party from My Minds Eye (LOVE) and I used the woodgrain pattern to paper piece her lemonade stand.  I sewed all the layers on my sewing machine and added a white Candy Dot to each corner.

For the inside, I stamped this cutie again, this time in Cameo Coral, and added the sentiment, "You Make Life Sweet".  Another border from the Die-Namics Little Open Scallop Strip Die and some more machine stitching finish this one off.

Here are the Die-Namics I've used on my card today:

Thanks SO much for stopping by!  Please head on over to Kim's Blog for a listing of all the designers that have used this sketch today!
Stamps:  Pure Innocence Pucker Up from My Favorite Things
Paper: Dark Chocolate (PTI), Fossil (MFT), X Press It Blending Card & Lime Twist Life of the Party (My Minds Eye)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black and Cameo Coral (SU!)
Accessories:  Copic Markers, Circle Nestabilities, Die-Namics Little Open Scallop Strip, Die-Namics Open Scallop Doily, Die-Namics Button Quartet, Die-Namics Pretty Posies, Baker's Twine, White Candy Dots, Sewing  Machine and Foam Tape


  1. girlie this is TOO, TOO adorable! Your coloring rocks and the doily die is sooo perfect w/ this!

  2. Your card is sooo adorable! Love it!

  3. What an adorable card Jodi, this image is so sweet!


  4. This is lovely card!!! I love this design. The little girl is so cute and the flower with knot is nice.
    I like the way you colored this images.Thanks for this great post.

  5. This is the most darling card EVER! Love that image! Have a great day,Julie x

  6. That is so sweet! I am loving this release, too! I feel a shopping spree coming on!

  7. So sweet, Jodi! Love this! Fun new papers!!!

  8. Gorgeous card, I love the papers you've used and that image is too cute!

  9. Iknew I shoudl have ordered that lemonade girl drats

  10. She is so sweet - the die works perfect with this sweet PI girl!

  11. how cute is that image!!! fabulous colors. super card!

  12. Totally DARLING Jodi!! So so super cute!!

    Crafty Hugs!

  13. I just LOVE your cards!!! You are very talanted...May I ask what size circle nestability you use? I am getting ready to purchase a set but I am unsure if I need the smaller set or the larger set. Thanks!

  14. I'm going to pretend I didn't see this fabulous card. But you made her look so cute... no I must resist buying more stamps... must resist. :D


Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
Pin It button on image hover