October 4, 2011

Taylored Expressions Previews: Day Two!


Hi everyone!  Happy Tuesday!  Today is the 2nd day of Taylored Expressions Previews!  Here are the deets for this release:

October Release At a Glance

* We have sneak peeks to share Monday through Wednesday. All of the new products will be available for purchase on Thursday, October 6th at 8 am PST. You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department at the Taylored Expressions Store.

* Join us as a fan on Facebook for an early peek at the stamp sets, as well as a SPECIAL Facebook GIVEAWAY, on Wednesday night beginning at approximately 6 pm PST.

* Mystery Baker's Dozen Blog Giveaway: Each day, one lucky blog commenter will be chosen by random draw to win a $10 TE Gift Certificate. Winners will be chosen from a different Baker's Dozen blog each day and will be announced on Taylor's blog on Release Day! Be sure to hop around to see all the sneak peeks and leave comments on each and every blog for more chances to win. Limit one comment per blog per day, please. Comments close Wednesday 10/5 at 7pm PST for the drawings.

Today I am sharing a BEAUTIFUL new set with you...Peaceful Poinsettias!  This is a gorgeous new stamp set with both open line and solid image stamps to create beautiful layered poinsettias.  There are also gorgeous sentiments and even a coordinating die set, The Poinsettia Taylored Dies!  These dies made creating this card a breeze...they are so very easy to use.

Peaceful Poinsettias is a full sized set on a 5.75" x 8.5" full color sturdy storage panel and includes 16 images and sentiments!  This set was illustrated by Nancy McKinney for the Whimsical Wishes line at Taylored Expressions.


For my card today, I knew I wanted to create a card using a fabulous technique I saw on Joan Ervin's Blog, which was for her SCS Challenge, TLC342, Fill The Opening.  As soon as I saw this gorgeous new stamp set, I pulled up Joan's tutorial and got to work.

All of the cardstock and patterned paper are from the Holiday Wonder Project Pantry Kit.  Here are the details about this fabulous kit:

The Holiday Wonder Project Pantry Basic Recipe Kit is $11.95 and includes:
Authentique Wonder 6x6 pad
10 sheets of 8.5" x 11" cardstock in coordinating colors
6 yards of ribbon (2 yards each of 3 different styles)

Optional Spice it Up Ingredients (choose any or all) are:
Decorative Brad Mix
Red/Green Paper Roses
Christmas Glitter Assortment
Red Pearls
Coordinating Copic Markers
Additional Cardstock Pack
Additional Ribbon Bundle

I started with a card base of Choice Buttercream and then cut my layers from there of cardstock and patterned paper.  I then temporarily tacked them down and using Circle Nestabilities, cut out the circle.  I then cut a "frame" for around the opening using the Fleur De Lis Doily Motifs.  LOVE the elegant way it frames the opening.

I stamped the sentiment, "Holiday Wishes To You and Yours" and created a little flag.  I attached it over the opening.  I stamped numerous poinsettias and leaves in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream Cardstock and then cut them out using the Poinsettia Taylored Die.  I then colored them with Copic Markers and popped them up with Foam Tape, filling the opening.  I used some Liquid Pearls in the center of each poinsettia to continue the elegant look.  I added a Kaisercraft Pearl in each corner and called it done.  I must admit, I am thrilled with the end result.

Here are the Taylored Dies I've used on this card:


Please head on over and visit with the rest of the Baker's Dozen and see what they have cooked up for you today!

and, of course, TaylorVan Bruggen

As you may be aware, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and Taylored Expressions will be donating a $1.00 from the sale of each Moka Hope set (see right below...isn't she gorgeous?) to the Susan G. Koman Foundation.



Thanks SO much for stopping by!  Hope to see you back tomorrow for more peeks!!

Recipe:
Stamps:  Peaceful Poinsettia from Taylored Expressions
Paper:  Choice Buttercream, Assorted Cardstock and Wonder (Authentique), all from the Holiday Wonder Project Pantry Kit
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Copic Markers, Poinsettia Taylored Die, Liquid Pearls, Kaisercraft Pearls, Circle Nestabilities, Fleur de Lis Spellbinders Die and Foam Tape

Jodi

33 comments:

  1. Fabulous Christmas card, Jodi! Love the cut out for the wreath center!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great set to use on the Fill the Opening card, Jodi! Gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful coloring on those pointsettias!!!! And I love the textured paper used for the circle die cut. Adds so much depth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful!!! truly a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is STUNNING Jodi! Those poinsettias are beyond realistic and beautiful!! Amazing Jodi!!! Love the layout of your card and the gorgeousness oozing out of it!!!!
    Big Hugs,
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful & elegant card ~ great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely Christmas card. So different from any I have seen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a cool technique and your card is STUNNING! A real WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty, elegant card Jodi! Your colors are so rich!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful card. Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, I have a quick question for you about your site. If you could please get back to me at your earliest convenience I would greatly appreciate it. Have a great day!

    Thanks,
    Dan Gilbert
    Communications Coordinator
    Primrose Schools
    dgilbert@primroseschools.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, I have a quick question for you about your site. If you could please get back to me at your earliest convenience I would greatly appreciate it. Have a great day!

    Thanks,
    Dan Gilbert
    Communications Coordinator
    Primrose Schools
    dgilbert@primroseschools.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. STUNNING !!!!! whow how pretty is this...lovin this release

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that card! The flowers look beautiful. Thanks for the great example!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovely Jodi! I really like your shading on the poinsettia petals and the leaves as well. The liquid pearl centers are the perfect accent and is that a mirror in the center? Looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW Jodi I just picked my jaw up gf, this is totally GORGEOUS, LOVE LOVE how you used these dies sweetie!!! Brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your beautiful and elegant card. I was trying to figure out what you used for the centers of the flowers and then I read it is liquid pearls. I really love the look and texture of the Liquid Pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi sweet Jodi! I think this card is my favorite card of yours that I have ever seen. My eyes are still popping out! XOXO~Regina

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card! The pointsettias are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card. I loved how you used the liquid pearls for centers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card, especially with those colors and the pearlized elements. Gotta go check out that fill-the-opening tutorial now :D.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jodi - this is so pretty! I love the design and layout of your card and those flowers just pop off the page. Wonderful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Everything about this card is absolutely gorgeous Jodi! Beautiful flowers, and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a lovely card, Jodi!! Love the beautiful colouring of the poinsettias. They are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning Jodi! Love how you curved the petals and leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning Jodi! Love how you curved the petals and leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely gorgeous!! You have made those poinsettias look so velvety! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is just beautiful Jodi! I just adore the way you made that card and the flowers are perfect! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW are those poinsettias just stunning! What a beautiful card, Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh wow! So beautiful and elegant.. love all the detail of your flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!