January 2, 2012

Taylored Expressions Previews: Day One!


Hi everyone!!  Happy Monday!  Welcome to Day 1 of Taylored Expressions Previews!  Taylor has an AMAZING release in store for you this month!

Today I am sharing a card with you using an AWESOME new addition to the word a la carte set from the te Collection at Taylored Expressions, Love A la Carte!  I adore all of the word A la Carte stamps at Taylored Expressions, and this new stamp is perfect for Valentine's Day, anniversaries, weddings...or any occassion! 

Like all of the stamps at Taylored Expressions, this stamp is made from a high quality rubber in a cute shade of pink.  They really stamp like a dream!

For my card today, I started with last week's Sketch Challenge at SCS, SC365.  All of the patterned paper is the new Love Me from My Minds Eye...one of my favorite paper packs right now.  I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream Cardstock and colored it with Copic Markers.


For the border across the card, I used the FAB new Jumbo Heart Border Taylored Die, and I cut it twice...once from grey cardstock and once again from patterned paper.  I then added the patterned paper hearts over the grey ones and then added silver brads between each.  Love the look of this!



In the sketch, there is a horizontal panel behind the focal panel.  Instead of doing a full panel, I used two hearts cut with the new Hearts A Plenty Taylored Dies.  LOVE these dies!  I finished off the card with two more silver brads on the bottom, which are layered over circles punched with a 1/4 Circle Punch.  All of the elements are popped up with Foam Tape for dimension.

Here are the Taylored Dies I've used on my card:



Please head on over and visit with the rest of the Baker's Dozen and see what they have cooked up for you today!


January Release At a Glance
  • We have sneak peeks to share Monday through Wednesday.  All of the new products will be available for purchase on Thursday, January 5th at   8 am PST. You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department at the Taylored Expressions Store.
  • Join us as a fan on Facebook for an early peek at the stamp sets, as well as a SPECIAL Facebook GIVEAWAY, on Wednesday night beginning at approximately 6 pm PST.
  • Mystery Baker's Dozen Blog Giveaway: Each day, one lucky blog commenter will be chosen by random draw to win a $10 TE Gift Certificate.  Winners will be chosen from a different Baker's Dozen blog each day and will be announced on Taylor's blog on Release Day!  Be sure to hop around to see all the sneak peeks and leave comments on each and every blog for more chances to win. Limit one comment per blog per day, please.  Comments close Wednesday 1/4 at 7pm PST for the drawings.
Thanks SO much for stopping by!  Hope to see you back tomorrow for more peeks!

Recipe:
Stamps:  Love A la Carte from Taylored Expressions
Paper:  Smokey Shadow (PTI), Choice Buttercream (TE) and Love Me (My Minds Eye)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Copic Markers, Jumbo Heart Border Taylored Die, Hearts A Plenty Taylored Dies, Silver Brads, 1/4 Circle Punch and Foam Tape

Jodi

29 comments:

  1. Jodi this is so CUTE! Love how you combined those patterned papers and especially love what you did with that border die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "LOVE" your card!!! Just perfectly composed! Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodi, your card is great,i love the colors and the dies are so cute..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jodi this is adorable... as always! I love the patterned paper and that die is also now on my "need" list! ;) I can't wait to see the stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like the heart border as a "garland" for the card. Very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Love those little silver brads and that it just says LOVE everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card Jodi!! I love the word art and your papers are great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jodi, love the heart border! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the vintage look of this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, Jodi. Your work is always so very special. Love Taylor's stamps and dies. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that jumbo heart border die - you've used it so nicely and the silver brads are a perfect complement to it! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another amazing card GF!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the papers you used. What a nice variety, which all go together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is just perfection. I love everything about it. The papers, colors...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Goodness Jodi the design of your card is AMAZINGLY creative! I am so excited for the new release.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jodi dear! This is darling and I love the color scheme. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty Jodi! Love the interlaced silver brads in there.
    ~Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE your csrd:) Happy New Year, Jodi and thanks for all your inspirstion!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute, Jodi! I really like how you tucked the 2 little hearts behind your image - just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm in LOVE with those heart dies! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute card!! I am loving all the new dies!

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is so cute, love the image with the dp you picked.....you always have the best dp

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are killing me! I didn't get the heart border die and now I see your fabulous card and I really want it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. EEEK! I love what you did with the heart border on this! It's FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh la la! Love the colors...stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  26. love this card, especially with the border heart die cut

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!