February 26, 2012

Don't Worry...Bee Happy!

Hi everyone!  Happy Sunday!!

Before Taylored Expressions previews begin tomorrow (yay!), I have a card to share with you using a previously released set!  

I print out just about every sketch out there, and keep them in a pile until I organize them into binders.  When I sat down the other day to organize, I found this fabulous Mojo Monday Sketch, MOJO228, from last week that I hadn't worked with

I knew I wanted to work with the gorgeous new Be Amazing papers from My Minds Eye, and the yellow honeycomb pattern reminded me of the sweet beehive from Garden Party Critters...perfect!  I started with the base patterned paper and impressed it with the new Houndstooth/Damask Taylored Impression Plate, which I ADORE.


Using the Take Note Frame 3 Taylored Die, I cut the honeycomb pattern.  LOVE.  I then added another pattern for the vertical panel and added a border to the top and bottom using the Scalloped Eyelet Border Taylored Die.  I stamped the beehive in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White Cardstock and colored it with Copic Markers.  I cut it out with Circle Nestabilities and layered it onto a panel cut with the Layering Doily Small Taylored Die.  

The sentiment, "Don't Worry Bee Happy", also from Garden Party Critters, was stamped onto a panel cut with the Fly Your Flag 2 Taylored Die and tucked it under the focal panel.  I then stamped three bees, colored them with Copic Markers and cut them out.  I popped up all the elements with Foam Tape and added the bees here and there.  TONS of stitching on my Janome Sew Mini complete the card.

Here is a closeup of the beehive, and you can see the impressed background and those sweet little bees.


Here are the Taylored Dies and Taylored Impression Plate I've used on my card:






Thanks SO much for stopping by!  Hope to see you back tomorrow for Taylored Expressions Previews!

Recipe:
Stamps:  Garden Party Critters from Taylored Expressions
Paper:  Kraft (PTI), Choice Snow White (TE) and Be Amazing (My Minds Eye)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Copic Markers, Circle Nestabilities, Layering Doily Small Taylored Die, Scallop Eyelet Border Taylored Die, Fly Your Flag 2 Taylored Die, Houndstooth/Damask Taylored Impression Plate, Take Note 3 Taylored Die, Janome Sew Mini and Foam Tape

Jodi

Pin It

16 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, Jodi! This is so adorable and I love how this paper matches so perfectly!! Amazing coloring too my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, Jodi! Perfect paper match for sure!!! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card, love how the layout is so perfect with the bees and hive...terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jodi, this is ADORABLE! I just LOVE those little bees! So, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is GORGEOUS!!! Oh, I just love the layout and that dp is so perfect with the images! Perfection, Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you heard the BUZZ??? Your card is spectacular!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an adorable card, love how everything ties in together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now this is just Too Darned CUTE!! Love all the Wonderful layers and fab dp's you chose! Just love the whole thing Lady! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is as sweet as honey Jodi! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is amazing! I love all the paper and colors you used with this image.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is SO darling, Jodi! I especially love that little doily die...too pretty! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! I love all the elements on your card-the die cuts and trims!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so cute! love all the layering and design. sweet card, Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jodi I absolutey love your card! The little bees, the bee hive, the honey comb paper...all of it! I have a thing for bees and I'm thinking I might need this stamp set. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!