February 29, 2012

Taylored Expressions Previews: Day Three!


Hi everyone!  Happy Wednesday!  Welcome to Day 3 of Taylored Expressions Previews!

March Release At a Glance
  • We have sneak peeks to share Monday through Wednesday.  All of the new products will be available for purchase on Thursday, March 1st at 8 am PST. You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department at the Taylored Expressions Store.
  • Join us as a fan on Facebook for an early peek at the stamp sets, as well as a SPECIAL Facebook GIVEAWAY, on Wednesday night beginning at approximately 6 pm PST.
  • Mystery Baker's Dozen Blog Giveaway: Each day, one lucky blog commenter will be chosen by random draw to win a $10 TE Gift Certificate.  Winners will be chosen from a different Baker's Dozen blog each day and will be announced on Taylor's blog on Release Day!  Be sure to hop around to see all the sneak peeks and leave comments on each and every blog for more chances to win. Limit one comment per blog per day, please.  Comments for the drawings close Wednesday 2/29 at 7pm PST.
I have two new sets to share with you today, and first up is a set of cards I created using the GORGEOUS new Faith In Bloom set!  This set was illustrated by Emily Burger for the Embracing Grace line at Taylored Expressions and includes Bible verses and words of encouragement paired with beautiful flowers!  

Here is a picture of my set of four cards.  These were a snap to create and would be easy to mass produce...love that!  I started with Kraft card bases for each, and on each one I stamped a Bible verse or phrase along with a flower from Faith In Bloom.  I then impressed the front of each card using the new Houndstooth/Damask Taylored Impression Plate.


All of the patterned paper is Dwell from My Minds Eye, and I added a strip of patterned paper to the top of each card.


I adorned the patterned paper panel using the new Majestic Border Taylored Die.  This is one of my all time favorite borders and I LOVE how it can go with any style card.


I added twine and buttons from my stash along the top of each card.  Love the little pop that gives.


The bottom corners were all rounded with the Corner Chomper.  LOVE that tool!


Here are the Taylored Dies and Taylored Impression Plate I used on my card set:




Next up I have a card using one of the four new a la cartes illustrated by Taylor for the te line at Taylored Expressions!  Today, I've used Hope a la carte, and also being released are Faith and Grace, along with Lucky from the Whimsical Wishes line illustrated by Nancy Mckinney.  LOVE the word a la carte stamps...they make creating a card SO easy!

Once again I used Dwell from My Minds Eye.  I really loved the bright fun patterns with this stamp.  I stamped the stamp in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream Cardstock and colored it with Copic Markers.  I cut out the panel using the Take Note 3 Taylored Die.  I then traced the die onto Kraft cardstock and cut it out for an extra layer.

The layout is MOJO229 and the flowers were cut using the Bugabee Flowers Taylored DiesI also used the Leafy Branch Taylored Die for a fun accent under the flowers.  I popped up the focal panel and flowers with Foam Tape, and silver brads in the center of each flower, as well as on the side of the card, complete this one!


Here is a closeup of the flowers/leafy branch.  LOVE them.


Here are the Taylored Dies I've used on my card:





Please head on over and check out what the rest of the Baker's Dozen have cooked up today here:
Thanks SO much for stopping by!


Faith In Bloom Set Recipe:
Stamps:  Faith In Bloom from Taylored Expressions
Paper:  Kraft (PTI), Choice Buttercream (TE) and Dwell (My Minds Eye)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Kiwi Kiss (SU!) and Regal Rose (SU!)
Accessories:  Majestic Border Taylored Die, Houndstooth/Damask Taylored Impression Plate, Corner Chomper, Twine and Buttons

Hope Recipe:
Stamps:  Hope a la carte from Taylored Expressions
Paper: Kraft (PTI), Gumdrop Green (MFT), Choice Buttercream (TE) and Dwell (My Minds Eye)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Copic Markers, Take Note Frame 3 Taylored Die, Bugabee Flowers Taylored Dies, Leafy Branch Taylored Die, Silver Brads and Foam Tape


Jodi



Pin It

27 comments:

  1. These look terrific Jodi! I love that pretty floral paper and that cool border die and the layered flowers are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so gorgeous Jodi. I always love looking at your card sets... every detail is just exactly perfect. Your HOPE card is amazing too! Love every detail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! All of your cards are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Jodi! I love how you used the crown border in the first set, and your layout in the Hope card!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of these Jodi, those sayings are so soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards! I love the embossing/stamping on kraft. And these verses are great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards are gorgeous! Love how you used the border die on the first set! Those flowers on the last card look awesome! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cards are beautiful, and what a great gift set! That alone makes me want it! And you make HOPE look like I "need" it rather than "want" it too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous creations! Great papers and thanks for saying what you used on the corners. I can't tell you many corner rounders I buy that don't work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that your first cards show how you've taken the challenge of coloring the images and stamped them directly onto your background! So fast and looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful set of cards, Jodi! Love the embossed Kraft with the strips of floral PP! Your Hope card is STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Jodi! flowers are so pretty and love your inspirational cards...simple and oh so elegant

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards Jodi! TFS and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. all your cards are absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that set, Jodi! Very simple but so pretty with those papers and the sentiments are just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful cards with us today. I love the details you put on the cards. A lil Twine and a button goes very far with the imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhh Jodi, I just adore this beautiful,bright design, so inspirational!.x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely creations Jodi! love that border - the pretty papers and the faith sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jodi, these are fabulous! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautifully done, Jodi! I love the first set of cards...great design and sentiments! Your blossoms on the Hope card are just lovely! What wonderful dies! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card set...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great cards today, Jodi! I especially love your bright & cheery Hope card :o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the hope card! It's so colourful and eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow. LOVE that border die from the first set and the brightness of the second card, amazing how you can produce 2 different looks so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your Hope card. The colors and the flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card set, Jodi. .and I LOVE your Hope card. So Springy and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!