August 7, 2012

Taylored Expressions Previews: Day One!


Hi everyone!  Happy Tuesday!!  Today is the first day of Taylored Expressions previews and Taylor has a fabulous release in store for you!!

I have a card and a bookmark to share with you today that I created with the fabulous new Mark Your Spot stamp set and Mark Your Spot Bookmark Taylored Die!  SO fun!  Mark Your Spot is from the Whimsical Wishes line at Taylored Expressions and it's SO fun to work with!

Here is a shot of my card and bookmark duo.  Meredith has already claimed them...lol.


Let's start with the bookmark!  I cut a piece of Choice Snow White Cardstock with the new Mark Your Spot Bookmark Taylored Die.  I stamped the grassy hills in Memento Tuxedo Black and then masked them off and airbrushed the sky.   I then stamped the sentiment directly onto the sky portion.  On a separate piece of paper I stamped the clouds, balloon and car, and I colored them, cut them out and popped them up with Foam Tape. 


I colored the hills as well with Copic Markers, and using some new knowledge I gained in my Intermediate Certification, I colored the hills that are closer a brighter green and then went darker for the hills further away.


I added an eyelet to the top of the bookmark and added some ribbon and twine.


I created a matching card using the same sentiment, which I LOVE.  I stamped it onto a piece of patterned paper, which are all from Summer Fresh from Simple Stories.  The kraft panel was impressed with the Lots Of Dots Taylored Impression Plate.  On the polka dot panel I added a border with the new Notepaper Border Taylored Die.  As I did on the bookmark, I stamped clouds and the balloon, colored them with Copic Markers, cut them out and popped them up with Foam Tape.


Here is a closeup of the focal panel.  I also added two borders to the bottom panel of the card using the awesome new Chevron Borders Taylored Die.  I finished off the card with a trio of red brads.


Here are the Copic Markers I've used on my card:


Here are the Taylored Dies and Taylored Impression Plate I've used on my card:




Please head on over and check out what the rest of the team have created today here:
We have three more days of projects to share with you, and all of the new products will be in the store on Thursday, August 9th at 8:00 AM PST.  Make sure to join us on Facebook for the Preview Party on Wednesday, August 8th at 6:00 PM EST!  You will be able to see all the new sets in their entirety and there will be lots of prizes!!
 
Thanks SO much for stopping by!  Hope to see you back tomorrow!

Recipe:
Stamps:  Mark Your Spot from Taylored Expressions
Paper:  Sno Cone (MFT), Kraft (MFT), Choice Snow White (TE) and Summer Fresh (Simple Stories)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Copic Markers, Circle Dies, Chevron Borders Taylored Dies, Notepaper Border Taylored Die, Lots of Dots Taylored Impression Plate, Mark Your Spot Bookmark Taylored Die, Red Brads, Ribbon, Twine, Eyelet and Foam Tape


Jodi
 Pin It

15 comments:

  1. Such a darling little card and bookmark set you have here, Jodi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet, sweet card and bookmark! Love the fun colors and sweet scene! Perfect to encourage your young reader!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg how adorable! lucky Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with dies..and these are super cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO adorable, Jodi! I LOVE this set. . .no wonder Meredith claimed them! I would too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is AMAZING. I'm in LOVE! So bright and fun and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the whimsical look of these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bright, beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME!!! You're gonna crack up when you see my bookmark card... All I can say is great minds think alike! ;-) Your card is simply stunning as usual. Happy Release Week Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just DARLING Jodi!! LOVE Every Fabulous detail! Wonderful layout and such Cheery combo of colors and dp's! Just So Darned CUTE!! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet is this? I love your bright bookmark and the dimension to it and your hot air balloon is so colorful. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome projects Jodi. Love the sweet images, the fun colors... great designs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that bookmark! Sweet card, too!! Fun scenes and great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous card and bookmark. I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the bright, beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!