Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Birthday Princess {MFTWSC89}!


Hi everyone!  Happy Wednesday!!

I have a card to share with you using the new MFT Sketch!  Meet MFTWSC89!  It's another awesome sketch!! 


I was asked by a friend to create a 1st Birthday card for a little girl, so I've used Pure Innocence Birthday Princess this week!  I colored her with Copic Markers and her dress was paper pieced with the same papers I've used on my card, Life Of The Party from My Minds Eye.

I cut out the panel, and layered it, using the Rectangle STAX 1 Die-Namics and Rectangle STAX 2 Die-Namics.  I cut a panel using the Mix & Match Banners Die-Namics and spelled out the Birthday girl's name, "Shea" using the Mini Banner Day Alphabet.  The banner under the focal panel was cut with the Fishtail Flags STAX Die-Namics.


 I cut circles using the Circle STAX 1 Die-Namics and Circle STAX 2 Die-Namics as a base for the number "1", cut from Bubblegum Cardstock, which I also used for the card base, using the By The Numbers Die-Namics.  I cut two horizontal panels of Berrylicious Cardstock and I embossed these panels, and the number "1" with the Seeing Spots Embossing Folder.  I wrapped some Blossom Twine around the two horizontal panels and tied a bow on one.


On the inside I layered some panels of Sweet Tooth and Berrylicious Cardstock and then added a framed element cut with the Sweet Stack Label Die-Namics and the First Place Award Ribbon Die-Namics (the larger circle).  I then stamped two different words from two stamps in this set, "Birthday Princess".


Here are the Copic Markers I've used on my card:


Here are the Die-Namics I've used on my card:









 
Thanks SO much for stopping by!  We'd love you to play along with this sketch!  All the details are right HERE!  Please head on over to Kim's Blog for a listing of all the designers working with this sketch today!
 
Recipe:
Stamps:  Pure Innocence Birthday Girl and Mini Banner Day Alphabet from My Favorite Things
Paper:  Bubblegum (MFT), Berrylicious (MFT), Sweet Tooth (MFT), X Press It Blending Card and Life Of The Party (My Minds Eye)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Copic Markers, Crystal Stickles, Blossom Twine, Seeing Spots Embossing Folder, Rectangle STAX 1 Die-Namics, Rectangle STAX 2 Die-Namics, Circle STAX 1 Die-Namics, Circle STAX 2 Die-Namics, By The Numbers Die-Namics, Fishtail Flags STAX Die-Namics, Mix & Match Banners Die-Namics, Sweet Stack Label Die-Namics, First Place Award Ribbon Die-Namics and Jody Boosters
 
 Jodi
 Pin It

7 comments:

Sherrie said...

LOVE, love, love....that you shaded your paper piecing...yah, that glittery crown is pretty awesome too!

Queen Mary said...

I love the touch of the stickles! What a fun, happy birthday card!

FeistyCrafter said...

What an adorable card!!

scrappingnana said...

This is so adorable. Love the layers and the stickles on her crown.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So cute Jodi! I love the embossed panels and shimmery accents!

Dawn Easton said...

Very sweet, Jodi! Love all those layers!!!

Leslie said...

OMGoodness - love her tiara! and those sweet papers and layering!! The 1 in the circle is perfect!!