September 13, 2012

Taylored Expressions Calendar Challenge - September!


Hi everyone!  Happy Thursday!
Today I have another page of my Desktop Calendar to share with you as part of the Taylored Expressions Calendar Challenge!  I had so much fun creating this!  There are lots of fabulous of calendar products available HERE at Taylored Expressions....we'd love you to play along...Taylor's blog has all the deets!

This page was SO fun to make!!  My sweet Avery turns two in September (on the 27th!) and since she is our little monster (grin) I had to use the new Party Monsters set!  When I was stamping with this set during previews, I had to stamp each monster for Avery to color too.  

I stamped the monster in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White Cardstock, and I them stamped her again on different patterns of papers, all from Happy Day by My Minds Eye (my current favorite).  I paper pieced the entire image, and before adhering each piece, I sponged them lightly with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink I have been doing this quite a bit lately and really like the dimension it gives.


Here is a closeup of the monster...isn't she SUPER cute?  I gave her some rosy cheeks with a R01 Copic Marker.  I cut her out and popped her up with Foam Tape onto a circle that I stamped with the new Circles Background stamp.  I added a circle of rhinestones and layered the entire panel onto a piece of Kraft cardstock cut with the Layering Doily Medium Taylored Die.

Underneath the focal panel I added a panel cut with the Fly Your Flag 2 Taylored Die and I stamped the sentiment, "Happy Birthday Little Monster" on it.  I cut out a number "2" using the Tall & Skinny Numbers Taylored Die.  I finished off the top with a pennant cut with the Pennant Border Taylored Die and adorned with bling in between each pennant.  FYI, the die cuts a much longer pennant but I cut and pieced it down to fit my page.


Here are the Taylored Dies I've used on my card: 




 
Head on over and check out what these lovely ladies have created today here: 
Thanks SO much for stopping by!
 
Recipe:
Stamps:  Party Monsters from Taylored Expressions
Paper:  Choice Snow White (TE), Kraft (MFT) and Happy Day (My Minds Eye)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Frayed Burlap (Distress Ink) and Chamomile (Fresh Ink)
Accessories:  Fly Your Flag 2 Taylored Die, Pennant Border Taylored Die, Layering Doily Medium Taylored Die, Tall & Skinny Numbers Taylored Die, Circle Rhinestones, Bling and Foam Tape
 
Jodi 
 Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely Adorable Jodi!! 8-) Such a Darling Calendar page for you Sweet little Monster! 8-) Love every Sweet Detail! 8-)

    Hug
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooooooo dang cute, like your face!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!