October 2, 2012

Taylored Expressions October Sneak Peek - Day One!


Hi everyone!  Happy Tuesday!

Today is the first day of Taylored Expressions sneak peeks (yay!) and I have lots to share today so make yourself comfy and let's get started!

My first card today features the GORGEOUS new Poinsettia Bouquet petite set which was illustrated by the fabulous Nancy McKinney for the Whimsical Wishes line at Taylored Expressions.  I absolutely ADORE this new set!

I started by stamping the image twice onto Choice Buttercream Cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black.  I colored them both with Copic Markers and then cut out the flowers and popped them up with Foam Tape for dimension.  I cut out the panel with circle dies and layered it over another panel cut with the new Label Stacklets 1 Taylored Dies (love).


Here is a closeup of the flowers.  I added some Crystal Stickles in the center of the yellow portion of the flowers for some sparkle.


All of the cardstock, patterned paper and ribbon on my card are from the new Handmade Holiday Project Pantry Kit, which I LOVE.  I sponged the edges of all the panels with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink for a softer feel.   I used my beloved Mini Tags Taylored Dies (I adore these) and stamped "Joy" from this new set.  I then tucked it under my bow, which was created with The Bow Easy.   I separated the two panels of patterned paper with a border cut with the Small Scallop Border Taylored Die.


Here are the Copic Markers I've used on my card:


Here are the Taylored Dies I've used on my card:




Next up I have a set of cards I created using the gorgeous new Rejoice set!  This set is part of the Lasting Impressions line at Taylored Expressions and I've paired it today with the AMAZING (like, swooning amazing) new Quatrefoil Taylored Cutting Plate (love Love LOVE).  I love this so much that I whipped up this set of five cards in NO time at all!


I cut the Quatrefoil card front out of Kraft Cardstock and then cut the focal panels using the new Label Stacklets 1 Taylored Dies out of Choice Snow White.  I stamped "Celebrate" and then "The Gift of Jesus" and then sponged the edges with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink again.  I added two snowflakes to the side of each sentiment panel cut with the GORGEOUS new Make A Snowflake Taylored Dies.  I coated the larger snowflake with glitter and then added a button to the smaller snowflakes.


Here is a closeup!  LOVING the new Make A Snowflake Taylored Dies...they are SO pretty!


Here are the Taylored Dies I've used on my cards:




Check out what the rest of the girls have cooked up today here:

Carolyn King - Guest Designer
Charmaine Ikach
Jami Sibley - DT Coordinator
Jen Shults
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Melody Rupple
Nancy McKinney - Illustrator
Regina Mangum
Sankari Wegman
Shannon White
Shelly Mercado
Stephanie Kraft
Taylor VanBruggen
Wanda Guess

Thanks SO much for stopping by!  Hope to see you back tomorrow for more peeks!

Joy Recipe:
Stamps:  Poinsettia Bouquet from Taylored Expressions
Paper:  Assorted Cardstock, Choice Buttercream (TE) and Handmade Holiday (Simple Stories)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black and Frayed Burlap Distress Ink
Accessories:  Copic Markers, Crystal Stickles, Circle Dies, Label Stacklets 1 Taylored Dies, Mini Tags Taylored Dies, Small Scallop Border Taylored Die, Bow Easy, Ribbon from the Handmade Holiday Project Pantry and Foam Tape

Celebrate Card Set Recipe:
Stamps:  Rejoice from Taylored Expressions
Paper:  Kraft (MFT), Wild Cherry (MFT), Jellybean Green (MFT) and Choice Snow White (TE)
Ink:  Lady Bug (Memento) and Pear Tart (Memento) and Frayed Burlap Distress Ink
Accessories:  Quatrefoil Taylored Cutting Plate, Make A Snowflake Taylored Dies, Label Stacklets 1 Taylored Dies, Glitter, Buttons, Twine and Foam Tape


Jodi
Pin It

20 comments:

  1. OK...the cutting plates are awesome....I definitely need those...and your cards are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Jodi!! GIRL! Wow!! LOVE those cards - you did an amazing job with those beautiful Poinsettia's - gorgeous girl!!! And that Celebrate card set is gorgeous - beuatiful and simple - but SO intricate! LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these both Jodi! Great coloring and i absolutely love the rejoice card. Think I need that cutting plate :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the way you cut out the flowers and your card set is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are all gorgeous! i can't wait- the new cutting plate is a 'must have'!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Jodi! Your poinsettia bouquet is stunning and I love the set of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing...LOVE those new dies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow beautiful cards. Love both so different and stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The poinsettias are GORGEOUS and that Quatrefoil die is freaking amazing!!!!!! Great work my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOWZA! Where do I start??! LOVE the red, kraft, and white together!! Your poinsettia coloring is fantastic. Beautiful inspirations for this fine day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are beautiful, but the Quatrefoil cards are so striking! Will definitely be remembering them, love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Jodi! These are just Awesome!! Love your Fab coloring on the Pretty poinsettias and the fun die cut layers you used! And your Quatrefoil cards with the Snowflakes are Soo PRetty and Elegant! Just Love these Girly!
    8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jodi, those poinsettias LEAP off the card! I love that set of rich and gorgeous cards, Jodi! I'm so totally CASE-ing those! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those poinsettias are amazing! When I get this stamped and ready to color, I'm going to put your card on the screen in front of me for a guide as to how to color that bouquet! And I really adore your simple and gorgeous card set!! Christmas cards are beginning to seem do-able!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh look at you going all CAS with the quatrefoil cards! :) I am so caseing those - TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards Jodi! Especially love the set with the pretty die-cut background! So neat!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely beautiful! Love that new die-cut background and the sentiment is perfect! Very elegant cards.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love both your cards, but I especially love the die cut ones! So pretty and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your poinsettia is gorgeous! And I love the striking simplicity of your card set! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!