June 16, 2013

Best Dad Ever!

Hi everyone! Happy Sunday and Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!

Of course, I waited until the last minute to make my Father's Day cards, and here is a card I created for my girls to give my fantastic husband.  I wanted a graphic, but clean look, so I pulled out the super fun new Trendy Triangles set, along with an assortment of MFT Inks in a masculine color combo and got to work.  This was SUPER fun to create!

I started with a Smooth White panel, and used Kraft, Factory Green, Orange Fizz and Berrylicious Inks to stamp the different patterns of triangles into a pattern.

I trimmed the edges, matted the panel with Kraft Cardstock, and dusted off my Janome Sew Mini and added stitching to each side.  All my panels are popped up with Jody Boosters...I love dimension on my cards.


I used the Sentiment Strips Die-Namics for the sentiment panel, and stamped "Best Dad Ever" from Clearly Sentiment About Fathers in Factory Green Ink.  I attached an Orange Fizz Button on top, tied with Hemp Cord.


On the inside, I added more Smooth White and Kraft panels, more stitching, and another sentiment from Clearly Sentimental About Fathers, stamped in Factory Green Ink.

 
Here are the MFT products I've used on my card:  
 
Thanks SO much for stopping by!
 
Recipe:
Stamps: Trendy Triangles and Clearly Sentimental About Fathers from My Favorite Things
Paper: Smooth White, Sweet Tooth, Kraft (MFT)
Ink: Kraft, Orange Fizz, Berrylicious, Factory Green (MFT)
Accessories:  Sentiment Strips Die-Namics, Orange Fizz Button, Hemp Cord, Janome Sew Mini and Jody Boosters
 
Jodi
 Pin It

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome card Jodi. Love the decorative triangles. Great colors too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!