September 30, 2014

MFT Creative Challenge– September!

mHi everyone!  Happy Tuesday!

It’s time for the MFT Design Team Creative Challenge!  This month, it’s all about my most favorite holiday…Halloween!  I have three projects to share with you today!

Print

For my first project, I created a little treat box!  I’ve used the Witch’s Cauldron Die-namics along with the Paper Bag Treat Box Die-namics!  I thought the cauldron would make a fun little favor!  I cut two cauldrons from Black Licorice Card Stock, and for the bubbles, I used Orange Fizz Card Stock and Lemon Drop Card Stock.  I cut a panel of Smooth White Card Stock using the Fishtail Flags Layers STAX Die-namics and then cut out “Boo” from Sour Apple Card Stock using the Little Lowercase Letters Die-namics, and the “!” using the Little Numbers Die-namics.  I added shimmer to the bubbles and the “Boo!” using a Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Marker.  I attached an Orange Fizz Button tied with Hemp Cord.

Print

Using the Paper Bag Treat Box Die-namics, I cut two panels of Black Licorice Card Stock.  Before assembling the treat box, I trimmed it down so that it would only be two inches tall, the perfect fit for inside my cauldron.  I attached the two cauldron panels and added some candy!  A sweet, but spooky, little treat!

Print

For my next project, I pulled out a mason jar from my stash and filled it up with candy corn (yum!).  I created a sweet little tag by cutting a panel of Smooth White Card Stock using the Layered Treat Tag Die-namics, and then stamped the stamp from Trick or Sweet using Orange Fizz Premium Dye Ink.  I added a bat cut from Black Licorice Card Stock using the Spooky Scene Die-namics.

Print

I cut a panel of Smooth White Card Stock using the Circle STAX 2 Die-namics, and stamped a plaid design using the Plaid Background Builder and Orange Fizz Premium Dye Ink, Lemon Drop Premium Dye Ink and Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink.  Using Circle STAX 2 Die-namics again, I cut a panel of Black Licorice Felt and added it under the cap.  I LOVE the sweet little scallops that are created when the lid is screwed on.  I finished it off by wrapping Hemp Cord around the lid.

Print

Of course, while I was making Halloween treats, I HAD to make a card too!  I’ve used the darling BB Witch Way Is The Candy…I just LOVE her!  The layout is the current SCS Sketch Challenge, SC507.

CC Witch Way Is The Candy

I started by cutting out a panel of X-Press It Blending Card using the Witch Way Is The Candy Die-namics.  I stamped the sweet image from BB Witch Way Is The Candy using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink and colored her with Copic Markers.  I popped her up with Jody Boosters onto a panel of Kraft Card Stock cut with the Rectangle STAX 2 Die-namics that I stamped with Trick or Sweet using Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink.  I sponged the edges with Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink as well.

Print

The main Orange Fizz Card Stock panel was cut with Blueprints 1 Die-namics and then I added a mat of Smooth White Card Stock using Blueprints 2 Die-namics.  The Orange Fizz Card Stock panel was embossed with the Polka Dots Cover Up Die-namics and Embossing Pad Duo.  I sponged the edges with Orange Fizz Premium Dye Ink.  I added a vertical panel of Grape Jelly Card Stock sponged with Grape Jelly Premium Dye Ink.  I then cut another panel of Smooth White Card Stock using Rectangle STAX 2 Die-namics and stamped it with the Plaid Background Builder set using Grape Jelly Premium Dye Ink, Orange Fizz Premium Dye Ink and Lemon Drop Premium Dye Ink.  I sponged the edges using Orange Fizz Premium Dye Ink.  I finished off the front with a Sweet Tooth Button and a bow of Hemp Cord.

Print

On the inside, I cut two panels of Smooth White Card Stock using Blueprints 1 Die-namics and Blueprints 2 Die-namics.  I added a panel of Smooth White Card Stock stamped with the Plaid Background Builder set using Grape Jelly Premium Dye Ink, Orange Fizz Premium Dye Ink and Lemon Drop Premium Dye Ink.  I sponged the edges with Orange Fizz Premium Dye Ink.  I then stamped the sentiment, “Witch Way Is The Candy”, from BB Witch Way Is The Candy, using Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink.

Print

MFT Supplies

 

Print

Thanks SO much for stopping by!  Please head on over to the MFT Blog for a listing of all the designers participating in today’s Creative Challenge!

signature

Cauldron Treat Box Recipe: Stamps: None Ink: None Paper: Black Licorice Card Stock, Orange Fizz Card Stock, Lemon Drop Card Stock, Sour Apple Card Stock, Smooth White Card Stock (MFT) Accessories: Witch’s Cauldron Die-namics, Paper Bag Treat Box Die-namics, Little Lowercase Letters Die-namics, Little Numbers Die-namics, Fishtail Flags Layers STAX Die-namics, Orange Fizz Button, Hemp Cord (MFT), Clear Spica Glitter Marker and Jody Boosters

Open If You Dare Jar Recipe: Stamps: Trick or Sweet and Plaid Background Builder (MFT) Ink: Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink, Orange Fizz Premium Dye Ink and Lemon Drop Premium Dye Ink (MFT) Paper: Black LIcorice Card Stock and Smooth White Card Stock (MFT) Accessories: Layered Treat Tag Die-namics, Spooky Scene Die-namics, Circle STAX 2 Die-namics, Black Licorice Felt, Hemp Cord (MFT) and Jody Boosters

Witch Way Is The Candy Recipe: Stamps: BB Witch Way Is The Candy, Plaid Background Builder and Trick or Sweet (MFT) Ink: Black Licorice Hybrid Ink, Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink, Orange Fizz Premium Dye Ink, Grape Jelly Premium Dye Ink, Lemon Drop Premium Dye Ink (MFT) Paper: Kraft Card Stock, Orange Fizz Card Stock, Grape Jelly Card Stock, Smooth White Card Stock and X-Press It Blending Card (MFT) Accessories: Blueprints 1 Die-namics, Blueprints 2 Die-namics, Witch Way Is The Candy Die-namics, Rectangle STAX 2 Die-namics, Polka Dots Cover Up Die-namics, Embossing Pad Duo, Sweet Tooth Button, Hemp Cord (MFT), Copic Markers and Jody Boosters

2 comments:

  1. WOWOWOWOWOWOW!! LOVING your Projects for today!! =) Such AWESOME Designs and Inspiration!! I LOVE the Colors too!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute projects Jodi. Especially love that shaped treat box! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!