January 14, 2015

Have A Very Happy Birthday My Friend! {CTD325]!

Hi everyone!  Happy Wednesday!

It’s time for a new Color Throwdown Challenge, and Tammy has chosen gorgeous colors for us this week!  I just LOVE them!

Print

I still had Blueprints 1 Die-namics and Blueprints 2 Die-namics on my desk from yesterday’s Creative Construction With Blueprints Challenge, so I used them again to create my card for today!  The sketch is one of the suggested sketches for Blueprints 1 Die-namics!  I cut a panel of Steel Grey Card Stock with one of the dies from Blueprints 1 Die-namics and then stamped it with Versamark Ink and the Eye Charts set.  I then embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder.

Print

I popped the panel on top of a Smooth White Card Stock panel cut with Blueprints 1 Die-namics and stamped with the Plaid Background Builder set using Steel Grey Premium Dye Ink, Persimmon Premium Dye Ink, Berrylicious Premium Dye Ink and Lemon Chiffon Premium Dye Ink.  My dear friend Barbara always rocks the stripes from this set, so she inspired me to use them on my card.  Thanks Bar!  I added the rectangle frame cut from Berrylicious Card Stock and the stitched strip cut from Persimmon Prestige Card Stock.  The Lemon Chiffon Prestige Card Stock panel was cut with Blueprints 1 Die-namics and embossed with the Jumbo Dot Cover Up Die-namics and Embossing Pad Duo.  I added a mat of Smooth White Card Stock cut with Blueprints 2 Die-namics.

Print

On the inside, I cut a panel of Lemon Chiffon Premium Dye Ink cut with Blueprints 1 Die-namics, and added a mat of Smooth White Card Stock cut with Blueprints 2 Die-namics.  I added another stitched strip cut from Persimmon Prestige Card Stock, and stamped the sentiment, “Happy Birthday” from Photo Booth, using Steel Grey Premium Dye Ink.

Print

MFT Supplies

1531744_767519606629888_1013091903616828413_n

Check out what the Color Throwdown Team has created today!

Barbara Anders

Broni Holcombe

Joan Ervin

Lori Tecler

Monika Davis

Tammy Hershberger

Vickie Zimmer

Wanda Cullen

Bonnie Sharp, this month’s AMAZING Guest!

Cassie Trask, this week’s fab Guest Star Stamper!

signature

Recipe: Stamps: Eye Charts, Photo Booth and Plaid Background Builder (MFT) Ink: Steel Grey Premium Dye Ink, Berrylicious Premium Dye Ink, Persimmon Premium Dye Ink, Lemon Chiffon Premium Dye Ink (MFT) and Versamark Paper: Steel Grey Card Stock, Berrylicious Card Stock, Persimmon Prestige Card Stock, Lemon Chiffon Prestige Card Stock and Smooth White Card Stock (MFT) Accessories: Blueprints 1 Die-namics, Blueprints 2 Die-namics, Jumbo Dot Cover Up Die-namics, Embossing Pad Duo, Berrylicious Button, Hemp Cord (MFT) White Embossing Powder and Jody Boosters

10 comments:

  1. Fab card, Jodi! You're so good at layering, which is a challenge for me as a CAS girl. I always enjoy your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful and bold card, Jodi! That is certainly a layout to use again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card Jodi. Love the eye chart heat embossed on black... the fresh colors look great with it... the textures panel is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome layers, the eye chard it awesome embossed in black.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a delightful card, Jodi! love love your use of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a happy card and fabulous layout! Love that frame element and the fun eye chart sentiment! I've been using that set along with the Geek is Chic set so much lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looove this, Jodi!!!!! The eye chart looks fabulous with the white embossing on gray and what a super cool sketch....I'll be casing this beauty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fabulous card!! Love the layout/use of those blueprints and that eye chart is sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the great layers and how the sentiment panel really pops against the soft/bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There you go again! Knocking it out of the park like you always do! I freakin' LOVE that frame element and I'm going to STEAL it! Just so ya know ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!