October 13, 2015

October Creative Construction With Blueprints – Homespun Holidays!

Hi everyone!  Happy Tuesday!

It’s time for the October MFT Creative Construction With Blueprints, and this month, the team is working with one of my all time favorite Blueprints…Blueprints 20 Die-namics

I have two cards to share with you today!  My first card has a bit of an untraditional holiday color scheme, yet I think it’s warm and cozy!

Print

I started by creating the quilt pattern.  The frame of the quilt was cut from Primitive White Card Stock and the blocks were cut from Blu Raspberry Card Stock, Sno Cone Card Stock, Poppy Prestige Card Stock and Tickled Pink Prestige Card Stock.  I lightly sponged each block, and the star inserts, using Natural Premium Dye Ink.  The flag panel beneath the quilt was cut from Poppy Prestige Card Stock and also sponged with Natural Premium Dye Ink.

I cut the main panel from Natural Card Stock using Blueprints 20 Die-namics and stamped with the Sweater Stitch Background using Natural Card Stock, and I stamped “Wishing You A Warm & Cozy Day” from LJD Cozy Mittens using Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink.  I added a mat of Primitive White Card Stock cut with the scalloped frame from Blueprints 20 Die-namics.

Print

For my second card, I wanted a cooler color palette, colors that remind me of snowflakes and winter! 

Print

For this card, I used the quilt template to create a heart quilt.  I cut the frame from Sweet Tooth Card Stock and the blocks from Gravel Gray Prestige Card Stock, Grout Gray Card Stock, Tropical Teal Prestige Card Stock and Summer Splash Prestige Card Stock.  The sentiment panel was cut from Sweet Tooth Card Stock and I stamped “I LOVE YOU” from BB Harvest Mouse using Tropical Teal Premium Dye Ink.  I added a bow of Hemp Cord topped off with a heart cut from Tropical Teal Prestige Card Stock.

The main panel of Grout Gray Card Stock was cut with Blueprints 20 Die-namics and embossed with the Staggered Hearts Stencil and Embossing Pad Duo.  I added a mat of Sweet Tooth Card Stock cut with Blueprints 1 Die-namics, matted onto another panel of Sweet Tooth Card Stock cut with the scalloped frame from Blueprints 20 Die-namics.

Print

MFT Supplies

MFT_CreativeConstruction_SideBar

Thanks SO much for stopping by!  Please head on over to the MFT Blog for a listing of all the designers participating in today’s Creative Construction With Blueprints feature!

BLOGSIGNATURE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!