November 25, 2015

Let It Snow! {CTD370}

Hi everyone!  Happy Wednesday!

It’s time for a new Color Throwdown Challenge, and this week, Vickie has challenged us to use blue, orange and dark brown!

Print 

I just LOVE this week’s inspiration picture, so I knew I wanted to create a snowman!  I’ve used the Snow Globe Die-namics from MFT to create the focal panel, snowman and base.  LOVE.  I cut the “globe” from Sno Cone Card Stock and then used Sweet Tooth Card Stock cut with the Snow Drifts Die-namics for the “snow”.  I used the Tree Lines Die-namics cut from Elf Green Card Stock for the trees, and I sponged them lightly with Elf Green Premium Dye Ink

The snowman was cut from Sweet Tooth Card Stock, and his hat, eyes and buttons were cut from Black Licorice Prestige Card Stock.  His arms were cut from Chocolate Brown Card Stock, and his nose from Orange Fizz Card Stock.  His scarf was cut from Cornflower Blue Prestige Card Stock and sponged with Cornflower Blue Premium Dye Ink.  I used a Copic Marker for his cheeks and drew in a little smile.  I used rhinestones for the “snow” in the snow globe, and the base was cut from Kraft Card Stock and sponged with Kraft Premium Dye Ink.  I used the Traditional Tags STAX Die-namics for the little tag, and stamped “LET IT SNOW” from Winter Wonderland using Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink.  I wrapped Hemp Cord around the base of the snow globe and then added a bow by the tag.

The main panel was cut from Natural Card Stock using Blueprints 7 Die-namics, which I also used to trim down the gingham pattern I used, from the Farm Fresh Gingham Paper Pack.  I added a mat of Sweet Tooth Card Stock cut with Blueprints 3 Die-namics.

Print

MFT Supplies

Check out what the Color Throwdown Team has created today!

Barbara Anders

Broni Holcombe

Joan Ervin

Lori Tecler

Monika Davis

Tammy Hershberger

Vickie Zimmer

Wanda Cullen

Karolyn Loncon, this month’s AMAZING Guest Designer!

Mona Pendelton, this week’s Guest Star Stamper!

Thanks SO much for stopping by!

BLOGSIGNATURE

3 comments:

  1. Sweet! Love the country feel of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love your super cute snow globe, Jodi....such a cute scene you created and the snowman is absolutely adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable, Jodi! I love the cozy warmth of the gingham and your sponging adds so much to the sweet snowman. Such a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!