April 10, 2009

LSC...you ain't kiddin!!

Hi everyone!! Happy Friday!!! I am off work today...WOO HOO!!!

Here is my card for today's Limited Supply Challenge on SCS, LSC215, Triple Play!! Holy cow...this is one tough challenge (at least for me!!!)

Wendy issued the following challenge, and to be honest, I am not sure I followed all of the rules ;)

First, your creation must have THREE layers (I cheated a little here and have decided to allow y’all three layers on TOP of the card base). This is harder than it sounds, as we are all SOOO good at matting things (and be sure to count those patterned papers as a layer, too, if ya use 'em!)!

Second, you are required to use three colors . . . no more, no less (though you ARE allowed to use either white, vanilla, black or chocolate as a neutral in addition to the three colors you choose . . . please make sure that your neutral is one of the colors listed!). This is also very tricky for those of us who LOVE color!

Third, your card needs to have three elements, or focal points. For example, that could be three separate panels with an image stamped on each one; or a stamped image, a sentiment and an embellishment is another way you could interpret it (which is what I did for my sample) . . . it is really a triple combo of whatever you choose, but you are limited to only three (in keeping with our “triple play” theme).

OK...so, to be honest, when I read the VERY FIRST sentence...three layers, I immediately said "Nope...can't do this one" (grin). I LOVE layers...I really LOVE layers...almost as much as piercing! But then, I decided to put on my big girl panties (grin) and go for it!! To keep my card to the limited amount of layers, I did NO matting...what I did instead was I used the chisel edge of my Copic Marker and ran it around the edge of all my pieces of dp and cs...instead matting!!

Three colors...easy there, I used pink, yellow and chocolate, and my neutral is white!!

Embellishments, I used ribbons, brads and shimmerz...piercing is like glue for me, it's a necessity, not an embellishment (giggle!!).

I started my card by stamping three cupcakes from Cupcake Mix & Match (SUCH an awesome set! There are SO many possibilities with this set...it's one of my favs!!) by There She Goes in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice White Cardstock. I then colored my cupcakes and liners with Copic Markers, and the frosting on all three cupcakes has two coats of Candelight Shimmerz each.

I added three Chestnut Brads from American Crafts, one under each cupcake for balance, and I used my slot punch to create the hole for my double ribbon of Pink Pirouette Striped Grosgrain and Regal Rose Grosgrain.

The DSP is my FAVORITE DSP EVER...Georgia Peach...which is almost a fond memory....I am running VERY low....I may have to hit Ebay to find some more (Oh...the horrors!!!).

Thanks SO much for looking!!! Happy Friday!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Cupcake Mix & Match by There She Goes
Paper: So Saffron, Georgia Peach DSP and Choice White Cardstock (by TE)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Slot Punch, Paper Piercing Tool and Template, Copic Markers, Candelight Shimmerz, Chestnut Brads by American Crafts, Pink Pirouette Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Regal Rose Grosgrain Ribbon and Dimensionals

Jodi

17 comments:

  1. They look so yummy! Great job on the challenge...it was a tough one!!! I'm loving the Twilight series too...can't decide which to do...read or stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yummy!! What fun cupcake images!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look super delicious, Jody!!
    It's a very hard challenge for the layer loves like us....but you did such a fabulous JOB!! Love the papers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this cupcake card Jodi! what wonderful light colors - and super idea for the 'matting'! Have a great weekend and Happy Easter GF!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I seriously thought you matted...what a cool idea to use your copics!!! ;) Have a Happy Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh what a yummy card!! I love the cupcake images they are sooo cute! Great job on the challenge. Blessings. Renee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your yummy cupcakes, Jodi!! Such pretty colors too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whether you cheated or not, I reckon it's a winner. Those cupcakes look good enough to eat!
    Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I think you did a great job with the challenge! It's a great beautiful card! I love the DSP paper too! Kim S.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL...I'm so glad you decided to put those big girl panties on....hahaha! This card is so super yummy looking!!! Fab job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did girl girlfriend!! I am going to TRY to tackle this one today, but I dunno...3 layers just makes my brain hurt!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous. Those cupcakes and the layout look fabulous with that dp too. I too love this paper and all of the sets that had those patterns on them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a sweet card, I regret not ever getting that dp before it retired (they should have kept it & passed on bringing some ugly ones in) HA!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this .... fantastic yummy look.
    xoxoxo BA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!