February 24, 2013

Feel Better!

Hi everyone!! Happy Sunday!

I had some stampy time (yay!) and played along with a few of the Love Fest challenges on Splitcoaststampers!  I LOVE SCS, and these challenges are SO fun!

My card today is for FOUR challenges!  The MFT Challenge, LOVEFEST2013G, The Simon Says Stamp Challenge, LOVEFEST2013E, the Sweet n' Sassy Challenge, LOVEFEST2013B, and the Unity Challenge, LOVEFEST2013H!  It's been awhile since I've done ONE challenge within days of it being posted, let alone FOUR!

My card today is for my girls to give to my husband Chris.  He hurt himself at work last week and as it turns out, he has a tear in the miniscus (his knee) and has to have surgery.  Totally stinks, and he is is immobile and in alot of pain.  The girls are hoping that this card will cheer him up a bit.



I've used Pure Innocence Bear Hugs and she was stamped onto X-Press It Blending Card, colored with Copic Markers, and then I paper pieced her shirt with one of the same papers I've used on my card, Acorn Avenue from Crate Paper.  I cut out the panel, and layered it, with Oval STAX 1 Die-Namics and Oval STAX 2 Die-Namics.

As per the Sweet n' Sassy sketch, I added two panels, which I used for two sentiments from this set, "Feel Better" and "Squeeze".  They were both stamped with Black Licorice MFT Ink and cut with the First Place Award Ribbon Die-Namics.


The flower was cut with the Pretty Posies Die-Namics (shocking lol) and I added some Hemp Cord (more shocking) and topped off with a Paver Red Button.  


On the inside I stamped her again, this time in Jelly Bean Green MFT Ink, and stamped another sentiment from the set in Black Licorice MFT Ink.


Here are the Copic Markers I've used on my card:


Here are the MFT goodies I've used on my card:
 
 
  Thanks SO much for stopping by! 
 
 Recipe: 
Stamps:  Pure Innocence Bear Hugs from My Favorite Things
Paper: Paver Red, Kraft, Sweet Tooth (all MFT), X Press It Blending Card, Acorn Avenue (Crate Paper)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Black Licorice and Jelly Bean Green (MFT) and Frayed Burlap Distress Ink
Accessories:  Copic Markers, Oval STAX 1 Die-Namics, Oval STAX 2 Die-Namics, Pretty Posies Die-Namics, First Place Award Ribbon Die-Namics, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Pavel Red Button, Hemp Cord and Jody Boosters
 
Jodi
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. The artistry in your cards just always blows me away! That textured panel is sheer genius, and I love the way the dress and the flower pull the piece together...then that great pop of color from the floral layer. Wow! Another amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another precious card!! Love your coloring and design work, Jodi. Always brings a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Jodi, Always love your color combos. The embossing is really nice with the cutie image with her pieced dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute!! I love the texture, great colors and as always your beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card Jodi. Love the sweet paper-pieced image and the pretty flower. Great textured background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!