September 18, 2018

September MFT Hits & Highlights!

Hi everyone! Happy Tuesday!

For this month’s September Hits & Highlights, the MFT Design Team is reaching for the stars! I had SO much fun creating my card today!

Print

I LOVE to create galaxy backgrounds using Distress Oxide Ink, and I knew I wanted to create one for my card today. I began with a panel of Smooth White Card Stock cut using the A2 Rectangle STAX 2 Die-namics, and I sponged on Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Ink, Twisted Citron Distress Oxide Ink, Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide Ink. I then went over all of the colors first using Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide Ink, and then lightly using Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink. I spritzed the panel with water, and then with white acrylic paint. Once the panel was dry, I spritzed on some shimmer spray.

Using the Shining Stars Die-namics, I cut Smooth White Card Stock panels four times and layered them together. I cut a strip of Black Licorice Prestige Card Stock and stamped “WHEN IT’S DARK, LOOK FOR THE” from Written In The Stars using Versamark Ink, and I then heat embossed it using WOW White Embossing Powder. I added that to the card, layered with a strip of patterned paper from the Black & White Stripes Paper Pack. I then added the “stars” die cut, and then added stars cut from Silver Sparkle Card Stock using the Shining Stars Die-namics.

Print

cupsupplies

Thanks SO much for stopping by! Please head over to the MFT Blog to check out what the rest of the team has created today!

cupsignature

2 comments:

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!