August 4, 2010

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks Begin!

Hi everyone!! Happy Wednesday!!

Welcome to the first day of sneak peeks for the UNBELIEVABLE new release from Taylored Expressions! I am SO excited so let's get right to it!!

Today, I am sharing peeks of a FABULOUS new set with you called Take Note! This set is going to be a go-to set in my stamp collection for sure!!

Not only am I previewing this new set, I also get to show you an AMAZING new product that will be available on Friday, August 6...get ready...are you ready? Taylored Dies!!! WOOOOOOOOT!!! There are 9 different dies being released, and both of my projects today feature the Take Note Frame 3!

For my first project, I altered a notebook that I have had for some time. I wanted a shabby chic look, so I started by stamping the Take Note frame, from Take Note, in Colorbox Warm Red onto Choice Buttcream Cardstock and cut it out using the FABULOUS Take Note Frame 3 Taylored Die. I then stamped the frame again, this time in Memento Bamboo Leaves, and then cut out the center rectangle portion. I stamped "To Do Book" using Take Note in the center of the rectangle. I stamped the butterfly from Garden Party Critters in Memento Angel Pink behind the title.

I thought the flower from CreativiTEA would be perfect for my shabby book, so I stamped it in Memento Tuxedo Black, colored it with Copic Markers, cut it out and popped it up on Foam Tape on top of the Take Note Frame 3 Taylored Die. The patterned paper is from Thrift Shop by October Afternoon and all the panels were sponged with Memento Desert Sand and then I sewed the layers on my sewing machine. I added some Kaisercraft Pearls and the center of the flowers got a touch of Illuminate Smooch.

As you can see from the second photo, I used the same stamp from Take Note, along with the Take Note Frame 3 Taylored Die and created tabs for the inside of my book. This time, I simply turned the die horizontally, stamped my titles, also from Take Note, and adhered them to my book pages. I can't WAIT to start creating more journals for holiday gifts!

For my second project, I wanted to create a card using a previously released set from Taylored Expressions so you can see just how versatile the Taylored Dies are!

The layout is Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge, MTSC85, and I started by stamping this darling bear from Beary Special from Taylored Expressions twice onto Choice Buttercream Cardstock. I stamped the wings as well, also from Beary Special, and colored all the images with Copic Markers. I cut out the second image of the bear and popped him up on Foam Tape. Using the Take Note Frame 3 Taylored Die, I cut out the image and I LOVE how perfectly he is framed!

I used more Smooch Illuminate on his wings...I LOVE how shimmery they are in real life! The patterned paper is from Fly A Kite by October Afternoon and I sewed each layer on my sewing machine. The sentiment, "My Little Angel" is also from Beary Special, and I cut it out and embossed it using the medium die in Tags Trio by Spellbinders. I attached it to the card with a Jenni Bowlin Vintage Cream Button (LOVE these!) and some chocolate twine.

Check out the FABULOUSNESS that the rest of the Baker's Dozen has created with Take Note and all the different Taylored Dies being released on Friday!

Alex Maldonado
Carolina Buchting
Charmaine Ikach
Donna Baker
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Jeanie Witmer
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Melissa Sauls
Sankari Wegman
and of course, Taylor Vanbruggen

Thanks SO much for stopping by! I hope to see you here tomorrow for a peek at ANOTHER darling new set!

To Do Book Recipe:
Stamps: Take Note, CreativiTEA and Garden Party Critters from Taylored Expressions
Paper: Blush Red Medium, Herbal Garden Dark, Choice Buttercream & Thrift Shop by October Afternoon
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Angel Pink, Memento Bamboo Leaves, Memento Desert Sand and Colorbox Warm Red
Accessories: Take Note Frame 3 Taylored Die, Kaisercraft Pearls, Copic Markers, May Arts Ribbon, Sponges, Sewing Machine, Smooch Illuminate and Foam Tape

My Little Angel Recipe:
Stamps: Beary Special from Taylored Expressions
Paper: Suede Brown Dark, Choice Buttercream & Fly A Kite by October Afternoon
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Desert Sand
Accessories: Take Note Frame 3 Taylored Die, Sewing Machine, Cream Jenni Bowlin Vintage Button, Chocolate Twine, Vanilla Brads, Copic Markers, Smooch Illuminate, Chocolate Stitched Ribbon and Foam Tape

Jodi

31 comments:

  1. WOW! These are BOTH out of this world, Jodi!! LOVE the new stuff and your projects are both darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY WORD.....Jodi, that notebook is GORGEOUS!!! Your card is DARLING!! Love how you used Mercy's sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodi, Jodi, Jodi!! I love this book and have to have one!! I love how you've used the CreativiTEA flower and the label die for tabs on the inside pages. And then you go and use angel bear...So great!! I missed you at CHA--I hope we'll meet some day. ~Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous project Jodi and what an adorable card, LOVIN these new images!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! I'm totally stunned! These are gorgeous, Jodi!!! Love that lil book, so girly and elegant! and that lil angel bear is so sweet! Beautiful job, girl :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG girl, shut up. That book is GORGEOUS with a capital G. Absolutely stunning. The card for Mercy's sketch is adorable too. Girl, you rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY! That To do Book is killing me - I LOVE IT! So so pretty! And your sweet bear card is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness I love your projects. That book is so cute. The card is adorable! Thanks for showing how the die comes. I was really wondering that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful notebook, I want it!!The card is so cute I love that stamp and the colors you used are great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling projects! Love the little book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so excited about the dies!!!! Your projects are wonderful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh they are both amazing, Jodester!! LOVE the look of that new die!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowza! I adore your shabby chic book! And your teddy bear card is so precious and sweet it's making my tooth ache

    ReplyDelete
  14. awww... i WANT this die!!!! gorgeous projects!! can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, these are just fabulous, LOVE that notebook. I had to come to your site for some inspiration today and found just what I needed for a mojo boost, so thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOWWWWWWWW, Jodi! These are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. maybe if I had such an awesome TO DO notebook I would actually get around to DOING IT....lol

    and that card...well PRECIOUS is the only word that fits

    hugs
    joanne

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG, Jodi, I am sooo drooling over all the new stuff...can't wait to see all the new August stamps!!!! Your cards are gorgeous, as always...your note book is FABO and I love how you used the die!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness Jodie, these are absolutely GORGEOUS creations!! Yikes!! Can you send a little of your creativity my way?? The dies used as tabs I just LOVE LOVE LOVE!! Oh my goodness...I need to go and cool down from over-loving-Jodi's-projects overload!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it !!! I like colors combination....
    Have a great Thursday !
    http://www.mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so pretty, Jodi! I love the soft color combo and I especially love how you created the tabs for your book!

    And the teddy card is absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Two fabulous projects, Jodi! Just love the new die shape and colours you usd on the notebook and that little bear is totally adorable. Great use of Mercy's sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wowsa I love both of these! The To Do Book is so awesome and pretty, great colors. the Bear card is very sweet. The dies look great with both!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Jodi, these are divine!! Love the dies with the Creativi-TEA set and the chocolate Beary Special - super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. OH MY GOSH, that book is GORGEOUS!!!! I LOVE that flower on there. . .sigh! And the card is just too adorable for words!

    ReplyDelete
  26. They are both AMAZING!! That notebook is awesome, and I love the shape of the die!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Swoon!!!! Loving that beautiful sketch book and the sweet bear placed on the die cut panel is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stunning creations Jodi! LOVE the journal ~ so shabby beautiful!!! And that card? Well be still my heart! You rocked Mercy's sketch!!! Hugs & Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Both are outstanding Jodi! Girl, you never cease to amaze me!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. O M G Girl!!! Both of these are amazing!!! Love the bear one's colour scheme!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!