August 5, 2010

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks: Day 2!

Hi everyone!! Happy Thursday!! Today is the second day of sneak peeks for the AMAZING new release from Taylored Expressions! Are you as excited as I am?

Today, the Baker's Dozen are sharing a totally tweet (lol!) set with you, Tweet Hearts!!! This set is SO totally adorable and I can't wait for you to see all of the darling images and sweet sentiments!!

For my card, I started with one of the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenges, TESC121. You can see ALL of Taylor's Sketches on her blog HERE...I find them to be such a resource!

I started this card by stamping the branch from Tweet Hearts in Memento Rich Cocoa onto Choice Buttercream Cardstock. I then stamped the birds, leaves and hearts, all from Tweet Hearts, to create the scene. I then cut out and embossed the panel with Circle Nestabilities.

ALL the patterned paper and cardstock on my card is from the Summertime Project Pantry Kit from Taylored Expressions which was released in July! They are still available so grab it while you can! I LOVE this Project Pantry Kit and the patterned paper...Echo Park Summertime Collection.

I sewed each layer on my sewing machine and added some Vanilla brads from my stash in opposite corners. I couldn't resist reaching for the AMAZING new Take Note Frame 3 Taylored Die again for this card, and I used it very simply...I stamped my sentiment, "I {heart} You" from Tweet Hearts, cut it out with the die and attached it so it just peeks out of the vertical panel on the sketch. Easy peasy and I think it gives it such a pop!! Have you seen just how these new dies work? Taylor has a FABULOUS video on her blog HERE...they really are foolproof!

Check out what the rest of the Baker's Dozen have created with Tweet Hearts right here:

Alex Maldonado
Carolina Buchting
Charmaine Ikach
Donna Baker
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Jeanie Witmer
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Melissa Sauls
Nancy McKinney
Sankari Wegman
and of course, Taylor Vanbruggen

Thanks SO much for stopping by! I hope to see you back here tomorrow for another Taylored Expressions project!

Recipe:
Stamps: Tweet Hearts by Taylored Expressions
Paper: Cardstock, Choice Buttercream & Summertime by Echo Park Papers, all from the Summertime Project Pantry Kit from Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Rich Cocoa, Memento Pear Tart, Memento Canteloupe, Memento Tangelo, Memento Lady Bug, Regal Rose & Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: Circle Nestabilities, Sponges, Sewing Machine, Vanilla Brads, Take Note Frame 3 Taylored Die and Foam Tape

Jodi

20 comments:

  1. This is so adorable, Jodi! You have such a talent for picking out which patterns and colors balance together! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling image and card. Love the colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOO gor-jus Jodi!!! I love the way you did the sentiment on the die going vertically - how GENIUS is that???! Love the sweet birdies and the colors are awesome - great take on the sketch!!! Awwww - missing you - hope you and the little wee one are doing well!!! how is your princess - she must be getting so big!!! Aww - sending you hugs lovie!!
    hugs,
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jodi I love it when we are on the same wavelength because that means I must be on the right track! *GRIN* I found that sketch to be a bit of a tough one, but you mastered it wonderfully! Love the sentiment on the die too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jodi, this is SO SO CUTE! Love the layout and the patterns you chose!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your card!! The colors, the layers, the stamping and sponging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ACK!! Totally adorable, Jodi! I love the colors you used for your little birdies!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This just looks like such a cute set! I love your card and all that stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! Love the layout and your scene! Your colors are so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I love the sketch you used and I love all the mixed papers. You have this awesome talent of making papers work well together no matter what. GREAT CARD!

    ReplyDelete
  11. EEEEEEK Jodi LOVE LOVE LOVE these papers and colors GF!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this layout!!! Those birds and the branches are fabulous and I adore the dp! Awesome card, girlie:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so sweet, Jodi!! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jodi, I love the layers, your colours and...well, just everything.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this cheery card! It makes me smile just looking at the delightful images and colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beatiful!! The sponging, papers, all the yummy images in the perfect place. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is just precious!!! Love the mix of patterns and colors and your sponge work is delightful! Hugs & Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the little birdies in the circle. So tweet!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!