December 3, 2010

Release Day @ Taylored Expressions!!

Hi everyone!!! Happy Friday!
Today is release day @ Taylored Expressions and all of the new stamp sets, dies and Impression Plate are now available! Woo Hoo!!! Santa came early this year!

The Baker's Dozen are sharing some more peeks of the sets we have all previewed for the last two days, and my card today features one of the new Crafty Petites, Sew Happy!

For my card, I started with some yummy papers from Material Girl by Cosmo Cricket! The patterns and colors were just what I had in mind for today!

I stamped the dress form in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream Cardstock and colored it with Copic Markers. I cut out and embossed the panel with Rectangle Nestabilities, sponged it with Memento Cantaloupe & Memento Tangelo and then sewed the edges.

I stamped the pin cushion using the same ink and paper as above, colored it with Copic Markers and then cut it out and affixed it to the focal panel with Foam Tape. The sentiment, "What great form!" was stamped onto Choice Buttercream and then cut out using the previously released From The Heart Frame Die. I love to use these dies for sentiments and have them just peek out from under the focal panel!

The double scallop border was created with the new Large Scallop Border Die and I sponged the edges of the patterned paper with Memento Potter's Clay to make it pop a bit. I added a bit of lace trim, and gorgeous Jenni Bowlin Vintage Button (LOVE these) and tons of sewing (of course...I had to sew on a sewing card right?) and called it done!

Here are the Taylored Dies I've used on this card:


You can check out all the goodness from the rest of the Bakers Dozen right here:
Charmaine Ikach
Danielle Lounds
Donna Baker
Jackie Pedro
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Melissa Sauls
Regina Mangum
Sankari Wegman
Tori Wild
and, of course, Taylor Van Bruggen!

Thanks SO much for stopping by! Head on over to Taylored Expressions and check out the Fresh Out of the Oven catagory HERE for all the new, delish products!!!


Recipe:
Stamps: Sew Happy Crafty Petite from Taylored Expressions
Paper: Terracotta Tile (PTI), Choice Buttercream (TE) and Material Girl (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Cantaloupe, Memento Tangelo and Memento Potter's Clay
Accessories: Copic Markers, Sponges, Rectangle Nestabilities, Sewing Machine, Jenni Bowlin Vintage Button, Twine, From The Heart Frame Die, Large Scallop Border Die, Lace Trim and Foam Tape

Jodi

18 comments:

  1. Material Girl is perfect!! Love the double scallops and that color combo - it's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh what a fabulous card with teh layered scallops! never would have thought to do that - duh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! That paper is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great image, matching paper and embellishments!! Your coloring is always perfect!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful card, Jodi! Love all the layers and fun, fun layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving how all the elements tie together, amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. JODI,this is just awesome. I have two friends that love to sew and Im thinking that I should have this set so I can make them cards.
    I KNOW,RIGHT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful card Jodi! Your coloring looks incredible and I love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is AWESOME!! Love that paper!! I actually have it...yaaay me!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic girlfriend! That paper is perfect for that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful, Jodi! Love the dressmaker form and terrific colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That lace and scalloped border is so cute with this set and the LO of your card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jodi, your layouts and designs with the dies and punches always amaze me. You are a creative genius girl! Love this card...every detail from the colors, coloring, layout...etc.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. MEEP!!! LOVE this, Jodi!! Great layout and I love the double scallops!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So FUN!!!! The paper is perfect, the stitching is perfect, the lace is perfect, the scallops are perfect...the entire card is PERFECT!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just LOVE this, Jodi! Every card you make is just so YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOWSA! I love everything about this card Jodi! The colors, all of the fabulous scallops and the perfect sewing accents of the button and crochet trim! FABBY!

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous! love all the layering and details!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!