February 8, 2011

MFT February Creative Challenge - Get Digital!

Hi everyone! Happy Tuesday!

Welcome to the February Creative Challenge for the MFT Design Team!

This month, we are Getting Digital and working with the AMAZING Digital Files available at My Favorite Things! Have you seen how many options there are? You can check out the Digi Stamps HERE, Digi Papers HERE and the Templates HERE.


I wanted to try my hand at the Beehive Shaped Card FOREVER, so this challenge was perfect for me to do just that! When you purchase a template from MFT, you receive a zip file that contains many different formats for your project. I do not yet have an electronic die cutting machine, so I went with the traditional print & cut option.

I printed the template three times, once on a piece of Smokey Shadow Cardstock (for the actual beehive base), once on a piece of Harvest Gold Cardstock (for the horizontal portions of the hive) and once on a piece of Terracotta Tile Cardstock (the door) and then just simply cut out the pieces and put it all together. I added some grass using the Die-Namics Fresh Cut Grass Die for a bit of interest.

I then stamped the ADORABLE Pure Innocence Honey Bee in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X Press It Blending card and colored her with Copic Markers. I cut her out and popped her up on the hive. I stamped the sentiment, "Bee Mine" onto one of the horizontal panels.


I wanted to somehow finish off the inside, so I opted to cut out ovals with Oval Nestabilities and simply added another sentiment, this time using "You're Sweet As Honey" and stamping this cutie again on the bottom in Memento Cantaloupe.

Here are the Die-Namics I've used today:


Thanks SO much for stopping by! Be sure to head on over to Kim's Blog for a list of design team members participating in this Creative Challenge today!

Recipe:
Stamps: Pure Innocence Honey Bee from My Favorite Things
Paper: Smokey Shadow (PTI), Harvest Gold (PTI), Terracotta Tile (PTI) and X Press It Blending Card
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Cantaloupe
Accessories: Bee Hive Template from My Favorite Things, Copic Markers, Rock Candy Distress Stickles, Die-Namics Fresh Cut Grass, Polka Dots Embossing Folder and Foam Tape

Jodi

27 comments:

  1. super cute, Jodi! love that bee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! This is just too creative and FUN Jodi!! I love your beehive shape and design!! :) I think I need that grass die...very handy I think!! TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word is this isn't the cutest design ever girl!! WOW I LOVE your bee hive FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jodi this is fabulous! So so cute! Love your hive!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable!! Love the grass and the way you finished the inside!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jodi, this is fabulous! Genius pairing of the stamp image and template! Adorable and so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEE still my heart!!! This is adorable Jodi!!! Love the shaped card and of course the fabulous little PI bee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, what a great Idea Jodi, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card!This is my kind of crafting Jodi! I don't do it too often but I't great fun to get creative! Have a good week,Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. too cute! that beehive shape is so fun! adorable card, Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is as sweet as can be.....fabulous work, gf

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fantastic!! I just LOVE the hive card and cutie bee PI. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so cute and I have the perfect charm for it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, I love this little bee hive!! Way too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome! Love the shape Jodi! Super cute image also. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. SO precious Jodi! I just love bee images...and the hive is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG I just passed out and had to be revived over this card! How cute and totally creative! LOVE it! Seriously. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is sooo adorable, it just puts a big smile on my face :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looking at this card, I cannot believe you don't already have an electronic die cutting machine. It puts me so to shame that even with my cricut I cannot produce something so gorgeous. I love this card to pieces. beautiful water color on the little bee person.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jodi this is fabulous! So so cute! Love your hive!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!