February 28, 2012

Taylored Expressions Previews: Day Two!


Hi everyone!  Happy Tuesday!  Welcome to day 2 of Taylored Expressions Previews!  YAY! 
March Release At a Glance
  • We have sneak peeks to share Monday through Wednesday.  All of the new products will be available for purchase on Thursday, March 1st at 8 am PST. You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department at the Taylored Expressions Store.
  • Join us as a fan on Facebook for an early peek at the stamp sets, as well as a SPECIAL Facebook GIVEAWAY, on Wednesday night beginning at approximately 6 pm PST.
  • Mystery Baker's Dozen Blog Giveaway: Each day, one lucky blog commenter will be chosen by random draw to win a $10 TE Gift Certificate.  Winners will be chosen from a different Baker's Dozen blog each day and will be announced on Taylor's blog on Release Day!  Be sure to hop around to see all the sneak peeks and leave comments on each and every blog for more chances to win. Limit one comment per blog per day, please.  Comments for the drawings close Wednesday 2/29 at 7pm PST.
Today there are four new petite sets being previewed, and I am SO excited to share with you one of the newest in the Moka Collection, illustrated by Nancy McKinney, Moka Princess Penelope!  Isn't she SO sweet?   I adore her!  I also adore the Petite Storage Cases, which is how I store all of my petite sets.  I already have four full of Mokas...that makes me happy (grin).

I stamped Moka Princess Penelope in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream and colored her with Copic Markers.  I added tons of glitter to her dress...a Princess needs a sparkly gown right?  I then fussy cut her out and popped her up with Foam Tape onto a panel of patterned paper cut with the From The Heart Frame Taylored Die.  All of the patterned paper is Dolled Up from My Minds Eye.  After I cut out the frame I traced the die onto Choice Buttercream Cardstock and then cut it out for an additional layer.

I used the new, and AWESOME, Majestic Border Taylored Die for the border (LOVE this), and the sentiment, "Wishing You A Lifetime Of Dreams Come True" was stamped onto a panel cut with the Fly Your Flag 2 Taylored Die.


Here is a closeup of her super sparkly dress:


I created a little crown banner on the top of my card.  This was FUN to create!  I started with a base cut with the Fly Your Flag 2 Taylored Die, and then two circles cut with Circle Nestabilities.  I finished off with crowns cut with the new Royal Treatment Crowns Taylored Dies.  All of the layers are popped up with Foam Tape and tied with some twine.  I added tons of stitching with my Janome Sew Mini and called it done!


Here are the Taylored Dies I've used on my card:





Please head on over and visit with the rest of the Baker's Dozen and see what they have cooked up for you today!
Thanks SO much for stopping by!  I hope to see you back tomorrow for more previews!

Recipe:
Stamps:  Moka Princess Penelope from Taylored Expressions
Paper: Bubblegum (MFT), Choice Buttercream (TE) and Dolled Up (My Minds Eye)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Copic Markers, Fly Your Flag 2 Taylored Die, Royal Treatment Crowns Taylored Dies, Majestic Border Taylored Die, From The Heart Frame Taylored Die, Circle Nestabilities, Glitter, Janome Sew Mini, Twine and Foam Tape

Jodi


Pin It

38 comments:

  1. And the Oscar goes to...Jodi for costume design and this gorgeous super sparkly dress! You've made Penelope look so lovely. LOVE HER!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOW...loving this Princess....beauty job on her dress...and the lovely colors for your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card. Love the paper choices, and that layered banner as well as all the sparkle on her outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy cracks me up! SOOO cute with her sparkly dress and the crown pennants are AMAZING! Gorgeous card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That crown banner is so cute! Penelope's dress is elegant and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeeeek! This is TOO cute, Jodi! I love how you colored and sparkled her dress and the crown banner is FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable adn I LOVE her glittery skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card! Love her dress!!! :)

    Julie L.
    jlearned at charter dot net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl! I love everything about this - especially her sparkly dress and that amazing banner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is SO sweet! Love your colour & paper choices :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jodi! That little crown banner is the cutest thing ever!! What a great card - I love this one. Happy Release Week!!! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jodi! That little crown banner is the cutest thing ever!! What a great card - I love this one. Happy Release Week!!! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. so I'm totally going to be stealing that idea for the pennant flag layering, just so you know when you see it on one of my cards. ;) I LOVE how girlie and cute this is... just fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! I love the sparkly dress. Love the colors and the little crowns.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing! Love her sparkly dress and the little crown banner!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love her dress and the banner!! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card! Love how you dressed her up, and the layout is perfect! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. so much detail and color, great image also

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the layered banner and her shiny, glittery dress! fabulous card, Jodi! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the colors and I LOVE all the glitter. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the sparkly dress, and that wooden background just takes it in a whole other direction...great card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Precious card, Jodi. Love it and the princess theme.

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE!! everything about this card is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh I love how her dress sparkles. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so pretty Jodi! I love her sparkly dress!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow!!! Love the banners with the crowns!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. She is SO DARLING, Jodi! I love the little crown banner...so cute! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous! She's so pretty, and I love her sparkly dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous! She's so pretty, and I love her sparkly dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Boy, your attention to detail is amazing! Love, love, love her sparkly dress.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I want a dress like that! I'd feel like a princess, for sure! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  32. WOW, there are so many little things that make this card wonderful, every time I look there is something new I like.

    ReplyDelete
  33. The gown is gorgeous, love the sparklies! Fantastic design and fun elements!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your cute card and your coloring is awesome! TFS and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  35. OMGosh! That crown banner is flippin' ADORABLE!!! LOVE that! And the glittery dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Look at that gorgeous, sparkly gown! Just beautiful, Jodi and I love how you used those crowns to embellish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!