April 29, 2020

Hip Hip Hooray, It's Your Birthday! {WSC487}

Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday!

It's time for a new MFT Sketch Challenge, and we have a super fun layout this week! I am a sucker for a sketch with a circle element, and this week's layout has two! SO fun!


For my card, I began with the background, which is a panel of Natural Card Stock cut using the A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX 2 Die-namics. I stamped the panel using the Number Jumble Background and Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink.

The piece of cake and cake were cut from No-Line Coloring Card Stock using the Birthdays Take The Cake Die-namics, and were both stamped with Extreme Black Hybrid Ink using Birthdays Take The Cake. The slice of cake was previously cut, stamped and colored for Kathy Rac's 30 Day Coloring Challenge, and that is where the inspiration for my card came from. I colored the cake the same way, first with Copics and then adding shading with Polychromos Colored Pencils. I popped them up with foam tape onto panels of Berrylicious Card Stock cut using the A2 Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics, and then added them to the stamped background. The sentiment panels were cut from Smooth White Card Stock using the Skinny Strips Die-namics, and I stamped two different sentiments from Bitty Birthday Wishes using Extreme Black Hybrid Ink. The sentiment panels were popped up with foam tape as well, and I finished off the card with a trio of enamel dots.


Check out this week's sketch:


Thanks SO much for stopping by! Please head over to the MFT Blog to check out what the rest of the team have created, and to play along! There is an MFT Gift Certificate up for grabs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!