January 20, 2013

HB2U!

Hi everyone!! Happy Sunday!!

I've been getting super stampy lately, and it feels SO good!!  I've had a few birthday cards to create...it seems that every weekend is another birthday party for my oldest to attend.  I have to tell you...the 1st grade girl set is pretty much obsessed with Justice, thus, Gift Card Greetings is a lifesaver in my world!

For my card, I started with the fabulous Mojo Monday Sketch, MOJO275, and all of the patterned papers are Fourteen from Crate Paper.  I used Kraft cardstock and the Gift Card Pocket Vertical Die-Namics to house my gift card, and using the chalkboard technique that is SO popular lately, I stamped "HB2U", first embossing it with white embossing powder and then stamping it again, a bit over, in white ink.


Here is a closeup.  I also sponged the edges with some white ink to really make it stand out.


The flower was cut from Pink Lemonade Cardstock using the Pretty Posies Die-Namics, and I dusted off my crimper (yep, still have one of those) to add the texture.  I added a Whip Cream Button in the center tied with Hemp Cord.  This is all layered over a bit of Kraft Grosgrain Ribbon.


On the inside I added more patterned paper, and stamped "Happy Birthday", from More Essential Sentiments, just as I did the sentiment on the front.

 
Here are the MFT goodies I've used on my card:
 
Thanks SO much for stopping by!!
 
Recipe:
Stamps:  Gift Card Greetings and More Essential Sentiments from My Favorite Things
Paper:  Kraft (MFT), Pink Lemonade (MFT), Whip Cream (MFT) and Fourteen (Crate Paper)
Ink:  Versamark and White Kraft Ink
Accessories:  White Embossing Powder, Gift Card Pocket Vertical Die-Namics, Pretty Posies Die-Namics, Kraft Grosgrain Ribbon, Hemp Cord, Whip Cream Buttons and Jody Boosters
 
Jodi
 Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Great card for a little girl! So pretty!!!
    LOL I remember the Justice obsession too! That's when we didn't have it in Canada and I ALWAYS had to cross the border to shop :) Now it's here, she's too old for it...darn! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!! I just love the little pocket. You are so creative:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Jodi! Love the crimped flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the white sentiments and that crimped flower! This is a perfect birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how the embossing on the flower echoes the chevron stripe. Very clever. A lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally fun card and gift holder!! The crimped flower and embossing make a darling card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Love the pocket and the bold letters!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!